Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.04.2007, 14:41
Termite's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 76
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Termite has no particular reputation at present
Web-Laden.ch?

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of an online shop called Web-Laden.ch? They have some good prices, but ask for payment by bank transfer or cash on delivery. Iím always a little suspicious of bank transfers, and am out all day, so wonít be there to pay CoD.

Many thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11.04.2007, 16:03
Lob's Avatar
Lob Lob is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -
Posts: 7,795
Groaned at 42 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

are they linked to toppreise? Have a rating there?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12.04.2007, 12:58
Scott's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buchs SG
Posts: 1,205
Groaned at 26 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 706 Times in 363 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of an online shop called Web-Laden.ch? They have some good prices, but ask for payment by bank transfer or cash on delivery. Iím always a little suspicious of bank transfers, and am out all day, so wonít be there to pay CoD.

Many thanks
If you are weary of prepayment, then go for the COD. The package will arrive to your door, if you are not there you will receive a notice to pick it up at the local post office where you can make your payment as well.

Bests
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12.04.2007, 13:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

Why are you suspicious about bank transfer?

What are the negative points of E-banking transfer?

I always though it is quite safe to transfer funds via E-Banking, apart from trusting the receiver is legit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12.04.2007, 13:20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

How about: paying in advance with no assurance of delivery and no way to cancel order once they have your money.

Also a possible uphill struggle to get a refund for faulty goods or noncompliance.
...

dave


Quote:
View Post
Why are you suspicious about bank transfer?

What are the negative points of E-banking transfer?

I always though it is quite safe to transfer funds via E-Banking, apart from trusting the receiver is legit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12.04.2007, 15:59
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

Quote:
View Post
How about: paying in advance with no assurance of delivery and no way to cancel order once they have your money.

Also a possible uphill struggle to get a refund for faulty goods or noncompliance.
...

dave
I believe when I said "apart from the receiver being legit" it covers all the stuff which you've just said.

I'm more concern about putting your bank account in jeopady if you give out your bank account number to facilitate the transfer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16.04.2007, 08:17
Termite's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 76
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Termite has no particular reputation at present
Re: Web-Laden.ch?

I'd hate to leave a question mark hanging over this company...

I placed the order late on Wednesday night, had an email confirmation first thing Thursday, goods turned up Friday morning.

The extra Gb of RAM has turned my PC from being only slightly faster than plate techtonics, to just plain slow, but excellent service, I'd recommend Web-Laden.ch
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0