Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09.04.2010, 13:31
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,362
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
Hi Summerrain,

Yes he does, using Japanese materials which make my hair long lastingly (approximately 6 months) straight even if its natural texture is frizzy.

Here is the details:
HIRANO
Schaffhauserstrasse 122
8057 Zürich
Tel 044 362 20 44
Fax 044 362 20 52

öffnungszeiten:
Di+Mi 9.00-18.30
Do 11.00-20.00
Fr 9.00-18.30
Sa 9.00-16.00

Best if you call him up to make an appointment and explain to him your hair length etc to ask him about the price for rebonding. He speaks very fluent English.

Good luck!
You are a star!!! Definitely booking an appointment!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11.04.2010, 14:36
ctan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 113
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
ctan has earned some respectctan has earned some respect
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Hey everyone, I go to Hirano too!! Used to go to the chain salons in Niederdorf and although cheap (60CHF) they did a terrible job cutting my hair. Hated that they used those razor thingies to layer - I would get split ends after a month!

Hirano is great, he cuts only with scissors I wouldn't bother trying any other salons in Zurich now! You can ask him for a dry cut (no wash, no blowdrying), it's cheaper. I send all my Asian friends there And they always go back after the first try.

He's a nice, simple guy, and he speaks both German and English (and Japanese too if you prefer).
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11.04.2010, 17:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nyon
Posts: 82
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
dragonblu has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Anyone have a recommendation for the Geneva/ La Cote region?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 13.04.2010, 16:12
axel1983's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baden
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
axel1983 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Decent hairdressers for asian hair?

thanks for the infor!!

Quote:
View Post
Hi

just wondered if anyone knows of a good hairdresser for Asian hair - someone who can cope with thick hair, and lots of it. I've been to a number here, but tend to leave with a poorly cut head of hair that looks like Ive dragged through a bush backwards.

My current solution is to wait till i travel to a country which has decent places, but since I havent travelled for a while, I need to seek out somewhere in Zurich. . .
Quote:
View Post
Coiffeuese Jotta Damen und Herrensalon
Scheiter - Gasse 12
8001, Zurich
tel G: 044 261 8849
tel P: 044 322 8710

Ask for Marika (Marico) - i'm not sure how to spell it. She is Japanese, and she is great, friendly and speaks German and English.

It's 38 for men, including wash and a little head massage.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09.06.2010, 23:31
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,362
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
Hey everyone, I go to Hirano too!! Used to go to the chain salons in Niederdorf and although cheap (60CHF) they did a terrible job cutting my hair. Hated that they used those razor thingies to layer - I would get split ends after a month!

Hirano is great, he cuts only with scissors I wouldn't bother trying any other salons in Zurich now! You can ask him for a dry cut (no wash, no blowdrying), it's cheaper. I send all my Asian friends there And they always go back after the first try.

He's a nice, simple guy, and he speaks both German and English (and Japanese too if you prefer).
I dont know why I found Hirano so late but I am glad I did!

This man is GOD SENT! He transformed the mop on my head to something quite spectacular. I feel like my old self again - b.c all the lousy cuts I've had here in Switzerland. Real nice, easy going and friendly person too - definitely knows how to handle Asian hair. No more stressing about my next hair cut! Highly recommended ladies!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 26.12.2010, 03:37
KarenY's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ehrendingen
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
KarenY has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
You are a star!!! Definitely booking an appointment!
Hi summerrain

have you try out hirano ?
any comment please share. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 26.12.2010, 03:57
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,362
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
Hi summerrain

have you try out hirano ?
any comment please share. thanks
Yeap. I have. Twice since my last post and I plan to keep going back Have also sent friends to him and they've had nothing but praise for this man. He is god-sent.

Very skillful with the scissors and he knows exactly what I need versus what I want. He also wont hesitate to tell you (in his polite Japanese way) if he thinks that your choice of hairstyle is unsuitable for your hair texture and lifestyle. His prices are extremely reasonable for Zürich as well. He opens late on Thursdays.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 26.12.2010, 12:36
killy killy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 196
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
killy killy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Hi Summerrain
Whereabouts is Hirano's salon and how much does he charge for a normal haircut?
L

Quote:
View Post
Yeap. I have. Twice since my last post and I plan to keep going back Have also sent friends to him and they've had nothing but praise for this man. He is god-sent.

Very skillful with the scissors and he knows exactly what I need versus what I want. He also wont hesitate to tell you (in his polite Japanese way) if he thinks that your choice of hairstyle is unsuitable for your hair texture and lifestyle. His prices are extremely reasonable for Zürich as well. He opens late on Thursdays.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 26.12.2010, 13:10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Berne
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bernsweet has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

I know this is a very late response but if anyone still needs a black hairdresser, there are two that I know of in Berne. If you need the details, hit me up. Laura
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 26.12.2010, 16:21
KarenY's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ehrendingen
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
KarenY has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
Yeap. I have. Twice since my last post and I plan to keep going back Have also sent friends to him and they've had nothing but praise for this man. He is god-sent.

Very skillful with the scissors and he knows exactly what I need versus what I want. He also wont hesitate to tell you (in his polite Japanese way) if he thinks that your choice of hairstyle is unsuitable for your hair texture and lifestyle. His prices are extremely reasonable for Zürich as well. He opens late on Thursdays.
thanks for your comment
i might try out soon
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 26.12.2010, 16:22
KarenY's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ehrendingen
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
KarenY has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
thanks for your comment
i might try out soon
oh by the way how much he charges u for rebonding ?
what is your hair length ?

thx
//karen
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01.04.2011, 13:00
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,362
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
oh by the way how much he charges u for rebonding ?
what is your hair length ?

thx
//karen
It was slightly below the shoulders - considered medium length. I paid about approx 250 CHF including hair cut (thereabouts, as it was so long ago).

Quote:
View Post
Hi Summerrain
Whereabouts is Hirano's salon and how much does he charge for a normal haircut?
L
killy, the above posts (on page 1) contain his details.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 29.04.2011, 18:41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
theflauteest has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Quote:
View Post
Hi Summerrain,

Yes he does, using Japanese materials which make my hair long lastingly (approximately 6 months) straight even if its natural texture is frizzy.

Here is the details:
HIRANO
Schaffhauserstrasse 122
8057 Zürich
Tel 044 362 20 44
Fax 044 362 20 52

öffnungszeiten:
Di+Mi 9.00-18.30
Do 11.00-20.00
Fr 9.00-18.30
Sa 9.00-16.00

Best if you call him up to make an appointment and explain to him your hair length etc to ask him about the price for rebonding. He speaks very fluent English.

Good luck!
I just had a haircut from Hirano. He is fantastic! Highly recommended. And only CHF57 (for guys) which includes shampoo. i think it's very reasonable considering the quality (and certainly cheaper than many other places). I will definitely be going back. Thanks for the tip ladies!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 20.06.2011, 11:11
jetset's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canton Zurich
Posts: 280
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 166 Times in 69 Posts
jetset has earned the respect of manyjetset has earned the respect of manyjetset has earned the respect of many
Re: African-American in Search of a Hairdresser

Quote:
View Post
There's one in Winterthur as well, if none of the others work out, let me know and I'll get the contact info if you like.
I know you replied to this thread 4 years ago, but I'd love more info about the Winterthur hairdresser contact. Thanks! Hoping for the kind of success that summerrain had with Hirano.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 19.07.2011, 22:40
Yves22's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 71
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 26 Posts
Yves22 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Just like to acknowledge Hirano's skills after reading recommendations in EF. He is good with all hairs, not necessarily Asian's. My colleague, very Caucasian, with natural curls loved his attempt to reduce her curls (pure talent, scissors snipping away) and gave her a very classy look. She received a lot of complements today. And if you are not happy with the results after a day or two, he would offer to re-do or teach you how to maintain that look.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Yves22 for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 21.03.2012, 11:25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
dqpdang has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Another thing I wanted to add about Hirano: I am female but have very short hair (like a pixie cut), and so he charges me 53 CHF.

All in all, I echo what everyone says up here about Hirano! Fantastic service, cutting, and styling! Would highly recommend
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 15.05.2012, 15:22
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Canadian_JW has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Another recommendation for Hirano. I went last week, called ahead to make an appointment for later that day, and though on his door and online he says he is only open til early evening, I got an appointment for 7:30pm. He speaks decent English and holds a good conversation!

My haircut only cost 53CHF and I was really happy with it, he knew right away how to deal with my hair. I'm Asian and my hair (really thick but fine) is down to the middle of my back and it was digitally-permed in August of 2011, and it's pretty damaged, but he was able to keep my hair at the same length and get rid of a lot of the volume. Very happy.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01.08.2013, 00:19
Ella's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: lausannne,
Posts: 115
Groaned at 12 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Ella has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

hi anyone knows a good aisan hairdresser in the french speaking part? i am desperately looking for one!thanks
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 22.10.2013, 22:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: winterthur, switzerland
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kate2pim has no particular reputation at present
Re: African-American in Search of a Hairdresser

Quote:
View Post
There's one in Winterthur as well, if none of the others work out, let me know and I'll get the contact info if you like.


Dear Principia Discordia,
I would like the info about hairdresser in Winterthur.
Thanks,
Kate
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 22.07.2014, 11:07
vvn_riessa's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 110
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
vvn_riessa has earned some respectvvn_riessa has earned some respect
Re: Hairdresser for non-Caucasian hair?

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but is Hirano still there? I tried to call him before but no one answered the phone My hair is too long for my taste now
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American moving to Switzerland Chaucer Permits/visas/government 16 10.02.2011 19:41
Hairdressers and tips colors Daily life 84 02.05.2010 18:42
Search Result give thread titles Guest Forum support 1 12.02.2007 18:32
In there an African Museum here? goodhill Other/general 2 14.01.2007 22:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0