Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #461  
Old 11.11.2020, 19:34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Basl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Dear Forum Members,

As I said in my earlier post, I applied for the early C permit at the end of October. Now I am a bit puzzled by the following:

today I've just received a letter from the migration office with a payment slip of the total amount of 143.30 CHF with the following split (in German):

Bewilligung C ohne EB/ZU 95.00
Aufenthaltstitel 22.00
Biometrie / Datenerfassung 20.00
Spesen / Porto 6.30.

I did not receive anything stating that my aplication was approved or rejected. So I am not 100% sure if I should interpret this as a positive decision.

If my understanding is correct, they made the positive decision and I should just wait for the invitation to provide my biometric data and after that wait again for the receiving of C permit.

What do you think about that? Was there anything similar in your experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 11.11.2020, 19:46
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,354
Groaned at 90 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 19,675 Times in 8,704 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Dear Forum Members,

As I said in my earlier post, I applied for the early C permit at the end of October. Now I am a bit puzzled by the following:

today I've just received a letter from the migration office with a payment slip of the total amount of 143.30 CHF with the following split (in German):

Bewilligung C ohne EB/ZU 95.00
Aufenthaltstitel 22.00
Biometrie / Datenerfassung 20.00
Spesen / Porto 6.30.

I did not receive anything stating that my aplication was approved or rejected. So I am not 100% sure if I should interpret this as a positive decision.

If my understanding is correct, they made the positive decision and I should just wait for the invitation to provide my biometric data and after that wait again for the receiving of C permit.

What do you think about that? Was there anything similar in your experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
If they're billing you for a C permit and biometrics then it seems logical it's approved. But of course you get to pay first.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #463  
Old 11.11.2020, 19:49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Basl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Thank you!

And how long can it approximately take to receive C permit after that? Did you have anything similar in your process?



Quote:
View Post
If they're billing you for a C permit and biometrics then it seems logical it's approved. But of course you get to pay first.
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 11.11.2020, 20:42
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,354
Groaned at 90 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 19,675 Times in 8,704 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Thank you!

And how long can it approximately take to receive C permit after that? Did you have anything similar in your process?
It was a while back. My memory is a bit fuzzy. I was out of the country at the time the C was issued, so I am not 100% sure on timing. I think it was 2-3 weeks after making the payment. Did you already give your biometrics?
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 11.11.2020, 20:58
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Basl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
It was a while back. My memory is a bit fuzzy. I was out of the country at the time the C was issued, so I am not 100% sure on timing. I think it was 2-3 weeks after making the payment. Did you already give your biometrics?
In the past I did that twice (first time when I just arrived in the country in 2011 and second time after five years in 2016). For this C permit I have not received an invitation yet.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Basl for this useful post:
  #466  
Old 12.11.2020, 15:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: GE
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AlexisO has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Hi! Can you please tell us more on what have you indicated as a point "C permit will help you to get more involved locally"?
I'm working on my application now and would highly appreciate hints from success stories. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 12.11.2020, 20:28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Basl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Hi! I actually didn't include this point to my application. I tried to stress the long-term perspective, something like:

I want to obtain Swiss Citizenship and getting C-permit is an important step in this process; I'm going to buy own property and build a family, but for these plans I need more (planning) certainty compared to B-permit.

Additionally I submitted two strong recommendation letters from genuine Swiss citizens suggesting to approve my application.

I also indicated the total amount of taxes I had paid during my stay in Switzerland.

Hope this can help!
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 12.11.2020, 20:32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: GE
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AlexisO has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Thanks a lot! Great idea about taxes I'll use your advice
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 01.01.2021, 15:05
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lausanne
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
mahbod.heidari has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
One small correction, since 2018 L permits for 2 years can be used to count student B permit towards C permit. So you can get a C with, for example, 4 year student B plus 2 year L.
Thanks for your input. My wife and I (both non-EU) are in a similar situation: 8 years on student B permit, 2 years on work L-permit (open-ended contract) and they informed us it will turn to work B permit this month (still in process). I would like to know which Cantons treat L-permit with open-ended contract as B permit when applying for early C permit. I live in VS.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 01.01.2021, 15:18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: VS
Posts: 109
Groaned at 21 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
alexyalmtl is considered knowledgeablealexyalmtl is considered knowledgeablealexyalmtl is considered knowledgeable
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for your input. My wife and I (both non-EU) are in a similar situation: 8 years on student B permit, 2 years on work L-permit (open-ended contract) and they informed us it will turn to work B permit this month (still in process). I would like to know which Cantons treat L-permit with open-ended contract as B permit when applying for early C permit. I live in VS.
For the C permit, VS considered my L permits issued by another canton. I'm not sure which of the following reasons played a role and I don't care but I'm happy to share given the opacity of the process.

- The recommendations in 'Directives et commentaires - I. Domaine des étrangers', paragraph 3.5.3.2 can be applied by any canton. ('Can' be applied.)
- I always had open ended contracts even with the L permits.
- I had a lawyer.
- Such procedures for landed immigrants in the grey zone may have been facilitated by the health situation. (Echoes that I hear around me.)

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank alexyalmtl for this useful post:
  #471  
Old 01.01.2021, 17:34
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lausanne
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
mahbod.heidari has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
For the C permit, VS considered my L permits issued by another canton. I'm not sure which of the following reasons played a role and I don't care but I'm happy to share given the opacity of the process.

- The recommendations in 'Directives et commentaires - I. Domaine des étrangers', paragraph 3.5.3.2 can be applied by any canton. ('Can' be applied.)
- I always had open ended contracts even with the L permits.
- I had a lawyer.
- Such procedures for landed immigrants in the grey zone may have been facilitated by the health situation. (Echoes that I hear around me.)

Good luck.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So do you mean they counted your L permit years for the necessary 5 years for getting C?
Could you tell us how many years you where on L and how many years on B permit? and when did you apply for C-permit?

Last edited by mahbod.heidari; 01.01.2021 at 19:52.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 01.01.2021, 20:24
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: VS
Posts: 109
Groaned at 21 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
alexyalmtl is considered knowledgeablealexyalmtl is considered knowledgeablealexyalmtl is considered knowledgeable
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. So do you mean they counted your L permit years for the necessary 5 years for getting C?
Could you tell us how many years you where on L and how many years on B permit? and when did you apply for C-permit?
Yes. 2 years L, 3 years B for a total of 5 years. C permit application submitted in the second half of 2020. Over and out.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank alexyalmtl for this useful post:
  #473  
Old 04.07.2021, 19:55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jalapeno has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Hi, I've read through the whole thread, but couldn't find a similar situation to mine. So I wanted to find out if it is possible to get a C-permit in my case. I'm a Non-EU citizen living in Switzerland since September 2011.

Starting from September 2011, for 7 years, I've been on an B-permit (2 years of Masters, 5 years of PhD). Right after my PhD, I've started working in a company in Zurich on an L-permit with a temporary contract (the contract duration was for 2 years). Before waiting for the end of the contract duration, after 1 year, the company changed my contract to a permanent open-ended one. I was able to get a B-permit since then. Overall I held 7 years of B-permit, 1 year of L-permit and approximately 2 years of B-permit. I have the following questions regarding my situation:

- I was wondering if I can get a C-permit given my 1 year of interruption with L-permit due to the temporary contract I had initially in the beginning of my employment.
- Does this 1 year of temporary contract cancel out my previous 7 years of residence here?
- Given my 7 years of B-permit, 1 year of L-permit and approximately 2 years of B-permit, should I wait for another 3 years to apply for a C-permit or can I apply now?
- In my application for a C-permit, would it, at all, matter that the same company offered me a permanent contract before the end of my temporary contract?
- Should I go through VINTA or the regular C-permit procedure as I'm about to finish my 10th year in Switzerland?

Related to this, Paragraph 3.5.3.2 of the "Weisungen und Erläuterungen" document (https://www.sem.admin.ch/dam/sem/de/...ngen-aug-d.pdf) states the following:

Quote:
Die gesuchstellende Person besitzt seit fünf Jahren ununterbrochen eine Auf-enthaltsbewilligung: Bei dieser Frist werden frühere Aufenthalte oder auch solche vorübergehender Natur in der Schweiz (Ausbildung, Studium, ärztliche Behandlung, Kur, Kurzaufenthalte usw.) nicht mitgezählt. Aufenthalte zur Aus- oder Weiterbildung werden hingegen angerechnet, wenn die betroffene Person nach deren Beendigung während zweier Jahre ununterbrochen im Besitz einer Aufenthaltsbewilligung für ei-nen dauerhaften Aufenthalt war (vgl. Art. 34 Abs. 5 AIG) oder der Aufenthalt mit einer Kurzaufenthaltsbewilligung einen dauerhaften Charakter hatte (z.B. durch einen un-befristeten Arbeitsvertrag oder die Behörden und der betroffene Ausländer von An-fang an vom Daueraufenthalt ausgegangen sind).
and the translation:

Quote:
The applicant has held a residence permit for five years without interruption: This period does not include previous stays or temporary stays in Switzerland (training, studies, medical treatment, short stays, etc.). Stays for the purpose of education or further training, on the other hand, are counted if the person concerned was in possession of a residence permit for permanent residence for an uninterrupted period of two years after the end of the stay (cf. Art. 34 para. 5 AIG) or if the stay with a short-term residence permit was of a permanent nature (e.g. due to an unlimited employment contract or if the authorities and the foreigner concerned assumed permanent residence from the outset).
Especially it is a bit vague how the permanent nature of the residence permit is defined: "if the stay with a short-term residence permit was of a permanent nature (e.g. due to an unlimited employment contract or if the authorities and the foreigner concerned assumed permanent residence from the outset)."

Given my situation, can this clause be used in any way to support my application for a C-permit?
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 04.07.2021, 19:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Currently in Switzerland
Posts: 498
Groaned at 20 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 606 Times in 221 Posts
logo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I've read through the whole thread, but couldn't find a similar situation to mine. So I wanted to find out if it is possible to get a C-permit in my case. I'm a Non-EU citizen living in Switzerland since September 2011.

Starting from September 2011, for 7 years, I've been on an B-permit (2 years of Masters, 5 years of PhD). Right after my PhD, I've started working in a company in Zurich on an L-permit with a temporary contract (the contract duration was for 2 years). Before waiting for the end of the contract duration, after 1 year, the company changed my contract to a permanent open-ended one. I was able to get a B-permit since then. Overall I held 7 years of B-permit, 1 year of L-permit and approximately 2 years of B-permit. I have the following questions regarding my situation:

- I was wondering if I can get a C-permit given my 1 year of interruption with L-permit due to the temporary contract I had initially in the beginning of my employment.
- Does this 1 year of temporary contract cancel out my previous 7 years of residence here?
- Given my 7 years of B-permit, 1 year of L-permit and approximately 2 years of B-permit, should I wait for another 3 years to apply for a C-permit or can I apply now?
- In my application for a C-permit, would it, at all, matter that the same company offered me a permanent contract before the end of my temporary contract?
- Should I go through VINTA or the regular C-permit procedure as I'm about to finish my 10th year in Switzerland?

Related to this, Paragraph 3.5.3.2 of the "Weisungen und Erläuterungen" document (https://www.sem.admin.ch/dam/sem/de/...ngen-aug-d.pdf) states the following:



and the translation:



Especially it is a bit vague how the permanent nature of the residence permit is defined: "if the stay with a short-term residence permit was of a permanent nature (e.g. due to an unlimited employment contract or if the authorities and the foreigner concerned assumed permanent residence from the outset)."

Given my situation, can this clause be used in any way to support my application for a C-permit?
The best response would be asking the authorities directly.
That said, there is no harm in applying.
I don't think time on L is counted so not sure if that helps from a 10 year duration.
You may be better served by VINTA but note VINTA is 05 years uninterrupted stay.
All the very best.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 11.08.2021, 17:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
triemli has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Greetings,
I am not an EU citizen. I came to Zurich in 2018, after which I entered into a partnership with a Permit C holder. The immigration service gave me a B permit for exactly 5 years. And I would like to prepare for a Permit C. I recently received a German certificate B1. Am I correct in assuming that I can apply for a VINTA Permit C at the end of the term? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 11.08.2021, 17:53
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Zug
Posts: 173
Groaned at 49 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 202 Times in 95 Posts
jamon8 has earned the respect of manyjamon8 has earned the respect of manyjamon8 has earned the respect of many
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Yes, after 5 years, you can apply. But permit C is not granted, authorities will decide.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 11.08.2021, 18:53
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 106
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 76 Times in 40 Posts
kerneltrick has made some interesting contributions
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
Greetings,
I am not an EU citizen. I came to Zurich in 2018, after which I entered into a partnership with a Permit C holder. The immigration service gave me a B permit for exactly 5 years. And I would like to prepare for a Permit C. I recently received a German certificate B1. Am I correct in assuming that I can apply for a VINTA Permit C at the end of the term? Thanks
There ain't no such thing as "VINTA Permit C" and VINTA legislation has nothing to do with it anymore - this thread is mistitled. The german term you're looking for is vorzeitige Erteilung der Niederlassungsbewilligung. If they issue one, it is a normal permit C, no ifs and buts attached. Language certificate is one requirement for it. Economic integration into society is the other one you need to demonstrate - how are you planning on doing that? Got a job? No integration - no early permit C.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 12.08.2021, 00:40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
triemli has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
There ain't no such thing as "VINTA Permit C" and VINTA legislation has nothing to do with it anymore - this thread is mistitled. The german term you're looking for is vorzeitige Erteilung der Niederlassungsbewilligung. If they issue one, it is a normal permit C, no ifs and buts attached. Language certificate is one requirement for it. Economic integration into society is the other one you need to demonstrate - how are you planning on doing that? Got a job? No integration - no early permit C.
I've started to work since second month after getting permit B. I'm Sr PHP developer. 2 times changed Job. So 2 month I was on RAV. Thanks for the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 12.08.2021, 13:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 413
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 394 Times in 202 Posts
NichtsBesonders has earned some respectNichtsBesonders has earned some respect
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

If you're in a registered partnership with a C permit holder, then you have a right to a C permit after at least 5 years of living in CH and 3 years of partnership. And not through the "successful integration" route which requires more hurdles (like B1 language etc.) but through the "normal" route which only requires A2 and you don't even have to have a job.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 12.08.2021, 19:27
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
triemli has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit for a Non-EU National through VINTA

Quote:
View Post
If you're in a registered partnership with a C permit holder, then you have a right to a C permit after at least 5 years of living in CH and 3 years of partnership. And not through the "successful integration" route which requires more hurdles (like B1 language etc.) but through the "normal" route which only requires A2 and you don't even have to have a job.
I found on the official page of Zürich in a section "additional information" the Niederlassungsbewilligung document.

It has 2 chapters:
Quote:
3.2. Ausländische Ehegatten von Personen mit Niederlassungsbewilligung
And
Quote:
5. Vorzeitige Erteilung der Niederlassungsbewilligung auf Grund erfolgreicher Integration
Probably I need Punkt 3.2.
I don't really see anything about 3 years anywhere. It says you have to be married for 5 years, but even if you divorce after 5 years, you can still get an early permit.
It is interesting that item 3.2 requires A2 language but item 5 requires B1
Also in 3.2 written that Job need everywhere (make sense for me):
Quote:
Aktueller Arbeitsvertrag und aktuelle Lohnabrechnung
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Niederlassungsbewilligung IW.pdf (283.9 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank triemli for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
c permit, c permit non-eu, vinta




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vinta? I am soooooo upset! Kayser Soze Permits/visas/government 46 02.04.2011 00:35
Non-EU married to EU national worried about delays in permit nyleung Permits/visas/government 11 26.07.2009 15:30
5(!!) Year C Permit NON-EU National _AsiF5566 Permits/visas/government 18 27.05.2009 13:25
Non-EU Early C Permit Application CH_Me Permits/visas/government 13 02.12.2008 11:04
Work permit for EU national living in France evianers Permits/visas/government 0 26.10.2008 13:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0