Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04.02.2011, 00:43
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
desi.hapa has no particular reputation at present
Register au pair from EU

I read that "Au pairs from "old" EU or EFTA member states (e.g. France, Spain, UK, Norway, etc.) receive their short-time residence permit or residence permit after presenting a work contract and registering themselves with the communal authorities."

Does this mean that an au pair can move here before doing any paperwork, and simply go to the Controle des Habitants with a contract from us?

I also read "En cas d’engagement pour une période ne dépassant pas 3 mois, il n’est plus nécessaire d’obtenir un permis. Une simple annonce via Internet sur le site de l'autorité fédérale compétente est suffisante, et le travailleur peut prendre son emploi avec effet immédiat."

So, if we only need someone for less than 3 months we don't even need to get them a permit, we can just register them? Except I don't know where to go from the page that is linked. Has anyone done this? Would greatly appreciate your advice.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0