Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06.04.2011, 17:14
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: wintethur
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
mbenz has no particular reputation at present
B-permit holder needs to leave CH for one year.


I have a held a B-permit for 4 years, and need to take a year off from my job to tend to a sick family member back in the U.S. My employer will allow this time off up to two years, and would like me to return.

However, I am anxious about giving up my B-permit, and who knows if they will award me another one when I want to return! Does anyone know of a way to take a "sabbatical" in regards to the B-permit? Or had any similar experiences?

Many Thanks,
Reply With Quote

b permits, employed, sabbatical

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can dependent B permit holder (5 year valid) work as "Independant"? Han - Geneva Permits/visas/government 5 13.04.2011 10:07
Can my Boss change my Leave after one year? newinhere Employment 17 22.11.2010 13:58
G-permit holder working in Geneva will live in Vaud - Where to apply for B-Permit ?? Rontary Permits/visas/government 2 04.02.2010 22:27
Options for EU B-permit holder and non-EU L-permit holder fiancee? ainz Permits/visas/government 7 08.10.2007 18:49
Swiss B permit holder wants to leave Switzerland permanently. yen Permits/visas/government 2 04.10.2007 13:07

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0