Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10.04.2011, 10:00
digg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 402
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 116 Times in 81 Posts
digg has earned some respectdigg has earned some respect
Registering with no fixed abode

Just thought I'd share this in case someone is thinking of doing the same. Basically I managed to register with my local Kreisbüro in Zurich as a 'floater'--i.e. having no fixed abode. I mentioned that I am in a WG/flat share until the end of the month and I didn't know my housing situation after that. She suggested that she can put me in the system as having no fixed abode but the maximum time permitted for this is 6 months. The only thing I required was a contact person who lives in Stadt-Zürich. Not sure if everyone can do this and nor am I sure if it works in another gemeinde and/or canton. I have a C permit.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank digg for this useful post:

gemeinde, no address

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can i take my PC to be fixed (Zug) sarah1977 TV/internet/telephone 17 06.02.2011 09:25
Fixed Cameras on the 12 Soul Reaver Transportation/driving 53 03.05.2010 14:19
There... I fixed it honey :) Dervaish Jokes/funnies 6 15.12.2009 16:18
Fixed Deposit in CH - is there any? jttraveller Finance/banking/taxation 1 05.10.2008 19:11

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0