Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21.04.2011, 21:54
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
cute_mink has no particular reputation at present
Ci to B permit possible ?

I am Non-EU and came here on an L permit, went back, eventually came back on D Legitimation card, since my husband got work with the UN. Currently I am on Ci permit since I am working.

Now, his fixed term is ending and he has to go back. I would need to surrender the Ci permit once he leaves. My question can I get a B permit directly since I am working already ? Would my employer have to show priority over EU etc.. since I am non-EU ?

Also I am confusd, since I need to surrender the Ci permit to the Aliens office in my Canton, where as the B permit is processed by immigration..

( We tried to get information from the HR, but they dint know. )

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Old 08.05.2011, 20:39
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Geneva
Posts: 34
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
PierreMarie has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ci to B permit possible ?

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. What if I'm working under a permit Ci, but the primary carte de legitimation holder (my parent) ceases to work in Switzerland? Can I still continue working in the same company/organisation under a different permit - B permit, perhaps? And should this be the case, when transferring my status from a Ci to a B, is it a straight through process or will the employer have to prove that there's no Swiss/EU (I'm a non-EU), even if I'm already working there?
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal approved my work Permit, type B. Residence permit next? How long it takes? yezi Permits/visas/government 10 05.08.2010 13:09
G-permit holder working in Geneva will live in Vaud - Where to apply for B-Permit ?? Rontary Permits/visas/government 2 04.02.2010 23:27
Permit BL/BS in Credit Card Format [switching cantons before permit is issued] claraaus Permits/visas/government 1 07.07.2009 16:44
B Permit and Stay / Dependent permit issue timeline by canton Indianguy Permits/visas/government 1 26.06.2009 18:40
UK citizen residing in zurich with L-Permit boyfriend - Permit question bethanian Permits/visas/government 4 21.11.2008 20:06

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0