English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU] (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/116375-work-permit-entry-visa-applied-same-time-non-eu.html)

urbancrew 12.06.2011 17:50

work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
Actually, two questions:

1. I have received a job offer locally and my company will be applying for my work permit in Zurich. I understand that only after the work permit is granted will I be able to get a work visa to enter the country. On some pages however, it seems to be implied that I have to apply for the entry visa at the same time (and in my own country) as my employer applies for the work permit in Switzerland. Is this the case? Or is it possible to submit the visa application after the permit is issued?

2. While my work permit application is being processed, is there anything that either prevents me from being in Switzerland on a normal tourist visa?

Any answers will be much appreciated, thanks!

12.06.2011 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbancrew (Post 1226223)
Actually, two questions:

1. I have received a job offer locally and my company will be applying for my work permit in Zurich. I understand that only after the work permit is granted will I be able to get a work visa to enter the country. On some pages however, it seems to be implied that I have to apply for the entry visa at the same time (and in my own country) as my employer applies for the work permit in Switzerland. Is this the case? Or is it possible to submit the visa application after the permit is issued?

You will be contacted by the auhoriries about the entry visa as part of the application process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbancrew (Post 1226223)
2. While my work permit application is being processed, is there anything that either prevents me from being in Switzerland on a normal tourist visa?

Yes. The law.

Although many do risk it ;)

urbancrew 13.06.2011 15:16

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swissbob (Post 1226231)
You will be contacted by the auhoriries about the entry visa as part of the application process.

As in...my company will be contacted by the Zurich cantonal authorities in Switzerland? Or somehow they will be contacting me in the states from Switzerland, as the work permit application will be filed locally?

And on not being able to stay here while the work permit application is being reviewed...really? Does that mean I can't be in the country at all, or just that I can't work? What if I just want to take some time to visit the country? :msnshock:

Lanko 16.02.2012 13:29

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
I have the same problem - I don't understnd procedure of my applying for working visa and employers applying for work permit. Which must be followed by which? How does the whole procedure look?.
I would be happy if someone clarifies it for me.

miniMia 16.02.2012 14:12

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanko (Post 1488479)
I have the same problem - I don't understnd procedure of my applying for working visa and employers applying for work permit. Which must be followed by which? How does the whole procedure look?.
I would be happy if someone clarifies it for me.

You are apply for an entry visa (D) at the Swiss consulate where you are resident based on the fact that you intent to enter Switzerland to work. (entry visa)

Your employer is applying at the canton/approved at federal level for permission to employ you for that they need to request the right for you to live and work in Switzerland. (approval that a permit will be granted)

Once it has been approved IN Switzerland they will contact the consulate and the consulate will approve (or not) your D visa. (approval of entry visa)

When you arrive in Switzerland you will go to the commune were you are living and apply for your permit. It's one permit for living and working. There are no separate permits. (actual resident permit with authorization to work)

makeitrain 17.02.2012 14:35

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
just submit required docs to your employer. employer will inform you if the work permit gets approved or rejected by 1st canton and 2nd bern. note> sometimes canton approves if lucky, but bern rejects as bern has final decision. if you are very lucky and work permit is approved, then your employer will call you, and you will have to report to the swiss embassy in your home country. you will pay a fee and the swiss embassy will stamp a visa in your passport. you will have X amount of days to arrive in switzerland. when you arrive, you will have X amount of days to report to your local kreisburo. kreisburo will issue a residence permit within X amount of days.

just from my past experience.

tried to make this as clear as possible.

KayZoubi 17.02.2012 14:52

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
In my case , coming from the US. I had to submit all my paper work by mail to emnassy in US, and my employer did the same here in Ch and I got a letter by mail to my US address. Then I came to Zurich airport showed the letter to the officials , they let me in after stamping my passport, the second day I went to the Gemainde and they processed my paperwork and asked me to come back in 1 week time to get my B permit! It was smooth and easy. The whole process took around 3 months.

Diani 19.02.2012 12:28

Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]
 
it is very easy, as long as the company is switzerland has everything in rule, it will go smoothly. The company in CH needs to send the docs for work permit to the canton where you are going to live, meanwhile you can go the embassy in your home country at the same time so documents can be processed fastly, it all depends on the approval in switzerland, as soon as it happens, the mebassy in your country justs needs to stamp the entry visa and that is it, you will come to Switzerland and need to go to the immigration offices and gemaindehaus so you get everything on place. My process took me around 15days so it is quite fast.

As for your other question of visiting as tourist, i am afraid you can not do two things at the same time (tourist visa + work permit)...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0