Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.09.2007, 13:19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
monkeymagoo has no particular reputation at present
L permit expiry / living with or marrying c permit holder

Please help!

I have read through many of the posts and although I find similar situations to mine, I thought I would put my own situation out there to see if I could get direct help.

Currently, I am holding an L permit which expires 1 December 2007 (a Canadian citizen). My employer may or may not try for a B permit but as they are an NGO, I doubt they would be abe to meet the salary requirements, and I'm not even sure if an L permit can be transferred into a B permit.

Now, I'm not 100% sure I want to live in Switzerland forever, but, my boyfriend is here for at least another year or two, and I do want to stay with him forever We are trying to figure out our options and so I wanted to ask the following:

1) Does anyone know if you can remain in Switzerland for a few months after the expiry of your L permit? I don't plan on working, unless I find a job, but do not want to rush out of the country the day my permit expires.

2) My partner is a UK citizen with a C permit. Is it possible for me to stay with him in Switzerland (it is not necessary that I work or have employment, the main thing is to be able to stay) via some kind of "fiance" or co-habitation permit? I remember meeting an Irish girl who was here with her boyfriend on some kind of permit that didn't allow her to work but allowed her to stay with him.

3) Is it possible for us to get married in Switzerland (him being UK with C permit and me being Canadian)? Would I be entitledto a spouse permit of some kind?

I am not pushing the marriage idea mainly because although he and I will most likely do so, we don't want to rush it for technical reasons, but will if we have to. If anyone could provide any help with these answers, or other options I may not have thought of, it would be greatly appreciaed.

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.09.2007, 13:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L permit expiry / living with or marrying c permit holder

Quote:
View Post
Please help!

I have read through many of the posts and although I find similar situations to mine, I thought I would put my own situation out there to see if I could get direct help.

Currently, I am holding an L permit which expires 1 December 2007 (a Canadian citizen). My employer may or may not try for a B permit but as they are an NGO, I doubt they would be abe to meet the salary requirements, and I'm not even sure if an L permit can be transferred into a B permit.
If they received a L permit, they must have met some salary requirements to begin with.

Quote:
1) Does anyone know if you can remain in Switzerland for a few months after the expiry of your L permit? I don't plan on working, unless I find a job, but do not want to rush out of the country the day my permit expires.
Three months as a tourist.

Quote:
2) My partner is a UK citizen with a C permit. Is it possible for me to stay with him in Switzerland (it is not necessary that I work or have employment, the main thing is to be able to stay) via some kind of "fiance" or co-habitation permit? I remember meeting an Irish girl who was here with her boyfriend on some kind of permit that didn't allow her to work but allowed her to stay with him.
Registered partnership

Quote:
3) Is it possible for us to get married in Switzerland (him being UK with C permit and me being Canadian)?
Why wouldn't it???

Quote:
Would I be entitledto a spouse permit of some kind?
Yes.

Alternatively, the threads below adress situations 100% similar to yours.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L permit expiry date and leaving? Impedimenta Permits/visas/government 3 15.07.2015 09:31
non-EU marrying non-EU with B permit - possible? rolik Permits/visas/government 4 11.07.2008 10:08
Setting up a business as a B permit holder dino Business & entrepreneur 39 12.06.2008 17:51
Australian Girlfriend - UK B Permit holder Jules_bahrain Permits/visas/government 5 25.04.2007 11:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0