Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:54
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nomand_ind has no particular reputation at present
Open B after 2 renewals?

Hi all,

I just came across an information that you will receive an open B after 2 renewals (effectively after finishing 3 years of B). I just heard it as word of mouth in the office, couldn't really dig in much on the info.

But can someone please confirm if this is true?

Thanks a Zillion in advance....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06.07.2011, 22:58
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 140
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 76 Times in 38 Posts
kkrish is considered knowledgeablekkrish is considered knowledgeablekkrish is considered knowledgeable
Re: Open B after 2 renewals?

No this is not true. I know a friend of mine who has got project restricted B after 3 years on B permit.
He said may be the time is extended to 4 years, not at all sure about that though.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07.07.2011, 09:03
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Open B after 2 renewals?

Quote:
View Post
No this is not true. I know a friend of mine who has got project restricted B after 3 years on B permit.
He said may be the time is extended to 4 years, not at all sure about that though.
Project based B permits are different.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07.07.2011, 09:03
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Open B after 2 renewals?

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I just came across an information that you will receive an open B after 2 renewals (effectively after finishing 3 years of B). I just heard it as word of mouth in the office, couldn't really dig in much on the info.

But can someone please confirm if this is true?

Thanks a Zillion in advance....
For standard B permits this is normally the case.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07.07.2011, 09:05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Open B after 2 renewals?

I do not know how but I got my new B permit (after 2 years) extended now for two years and it is now open, it also has the EU format and not the card format for non EU nationals. Why? I think it is because we moved municipalities and my husband is Dutch...lucky me I guess
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07.07.2011, 10:09
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Open B after 2 renewals?

Quote:
View Post
I do not know how but I got my new B permit (after 2 years) extended now for two years and it is now open, it also has the EU format and not the card format for non EU nationals. Why? I think it is because we moved municipalities and my husband is Dutch...lucky me I guess
Not lucky at all. Spouses of EU citizens get the same permit as the EU citizen.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open Mic! jack-o-bean Social events 0 27.04.2011 19:18
Open Kitchen prof. taratonga Food and drink 2 22.07.2010 22:34
It's all in the open now... Upthehatters2008 Jokes/funnies 19 20.05.2010 15:35
Is it true Swiss law forbids an agency tying contrators into them for renewals? ashtraxx Business & entrepreneur 10 27.09.2008 13:39
Advise on obtaining a B permit - EU [British, current L (on 6 mo. contract renewals)] Harriet and Patrick Permits/visas/government 8 14.06.2008 19:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0