Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13.07.2011, 03:26
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Hi, I am a specialist in all this things and lot of more, so for questions just ask me and I will be glad to help. I know all the laws, regulations, tricks of all Swiss Federal Departments included Swiss representations abroad and major Cantons.
  #2  
Old 13.07.2011, 13:55
i_like_turtles's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 113
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 139 Times in 49 Posts
i_like_turtles has earned the respect of manyi_like_turtles has earned the respect of manyi_like_turtles has earned the respect of many
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Are you sure you're the best person to be giving advice about visas and such? You don't seem to be that keen on foreigners coming to Switzerland.

From another thread about a burglary:
Quote:
View Post
It was not like this only 20 years ago. Our house in Ticino was never locked, even during long holidays in Italy. Then we opened our country to the worst immigration, and here we are... It is sad to say that 90% of crimes are made by foreigners outside EU and North America or by Swiss with fresh printed passport...
  #3  
Old 13.07.2011, 19:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
jean1 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Mmmmm , cmyers I will test him
I have a friend, she is student in Geneva with B permit (no EU passport) and she got married this summer. She is wondering if she can bring her husband to Switzerland? Or student don't have the right to get married
Thanks
  #4  
Old 13.07.2011, 19:14
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Mmmmm , cmyers I will test him
I have a friend, she is student in Geneva with B permit (no EU passport) and she got married this summer. She is wondering if she can bring her husband to Switzerland? Or student don't have the right to get married
Thanks

That's a question for the Swiss consulate in her husband's country it would seem.
  #5  
Old 14.07.2011, 01:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London -> Zug
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Marusha has earned some respectMarusha has earned some respect
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Simon73, question for you. I am EU (UK) and live here on B permit, my sis Russian and is a dependant of an EU (UK) citizen and also lives here on a B permit. Would it be possible to apply for our Non EU parents to come over and live with us? I will have enough space in my flat for them to live with me. We both will support them financially. Is there a min allowance required to support them, e.g. CHF5k a month?
  #6  
Old 14.07.2011, 02:03
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genčve
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

OP said you can ask him but didn't mention if it's FREE advice or PAID service....he might wanna clarify this beforehand
  #7  
Old 14.07.2011, 03:50
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Mmmmm , cmyers I will test him
I have a friend, she is student in Geneva with B permit (no EU passport) and she got married this summer. She is wondering if she can bring her husband to Switzerland? Or student don't have the right to get married
Thanks
sorry I am not student so please no tests... just ask me privately and I will answer you as I am doing always and for free. If this topics are taken public there is always a professor who knows more., or I am right, you are not, etc... don't worry your friend can take her husband in the mark of family reunion, but I need more info
  #8  
Old 14.07.2011, 03:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Simon73, question for you. I am EU (UK) and live here on B permit, my sis Russian and is a dependant of an EU (UK) citizen and also lives here on a B permit. Would it be possible to apply for our Non EU parents to come over and live with us? I will have enough space in my flat for them to live with me. We both will support them financially. Is there a min allowance required to support them, e.g. CHF5k a month?
Sis stays for sister? Family reunion applies only to children till 18 or 25 if still studying. For your parents, how old are they? In which canton do you live?
  #9  
Old 14.07.2011, 08:04
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
sorry I am not student so please no tests... just ask me privately and I will answer you as I am doing always and for free. If this topics are taken public there is always a professor who knows more., or I am right, you are not, etc... don't worry your friend can take her husband in the mark of family reunion, but I need more info
Um... I guess you don't understand what forums are for: To discuss in public, not send private messages back & forth. The answers could help others. I'm 1000% sure the answer you give to Jean will help a few other people too.
The following 10 users would like to thank miniMia for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 14.07.2011, 10:56
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
jean1 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Thanks, what kind of info you need? I think this topic could help others...Can a student (without salary) bring his/her wife/husband to Switzerland? I have a doubt about it since the first question of swiss authorities will be : Do you have enough money to live? They need a guarantee, fund...etc?



Quote:
View Post
sorry I am not student so please no tests... just ask me privately and I will answer you as I am doing always and for free. If this topics are taken public there is always a professor who knows more., or I am right, you are not, etc... don't worry your friend can take her husband in the mark of family reunion, but I need more info
  #11  
Old 14.07.2011, 11:09
profe1979's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
profe1979 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Hi Simon 73:

just wanted to know about getting the swiss passport. I got married a swiss guy a year and a half ago. I have the B-permit that must be renewed every year and I wonder what's gonna happen after 5 years...I understand I can apply for swiss citizenship, but I have no idea if it's expensive or not...I've heard so, but I'm not sure.
thanks in advance!
  #12  
Old 14.07.2011, 11:11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London -> Zug
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Marusha has earned some respectMarusha has earned some respect
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Sis stays for sister? Family reunion applies only to children till 18 or 25 if still studying. For your parents, how old are they? In which canton do you live?
Yes, sis is for sister, she lives here on a B permit. So what i mean is that both children are in Switzerland. We both live in canton Zug and our parents are 56 and 57.
  #13  
Old 14.07.2011, 11:16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Dear Simon73,

I am a professional housebreaker from Kosova. I would like to transfer my business to Switzerland, perhaps employing several other trainee housebreakers from Kosova, Albania, Yugoslavia and Rumania.

I was hoping to settle in the canton of Ticino.

What kind of permit should I apply for, and will you help me to get it?

Thank you,

Dilber Bajrami
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 14.07.2011, 11:20
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,235
Groaned at 2,467 Times in 1,784 Posts
Thanked 39,333 Times in 18,539 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Hi Simon 73:

just wanted to know about getting the swiss passport. I got married a swiss guy a year and a half ago. I have the B-permit that must be renewed every year and I wonder what's gonna happen after 5 years...I understand I can apply for swiss citizenship, but I have no idea if it's expensive or not...I've heard so, but I'm not sure.
thanks in advance!
If you are married to a Swiss, it's not expensive, CHF 300 or so.

Tom
  #15  
Old 14.07.2011, 11:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,514
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Sis stays for sister? Family reunion applies only to children till 18 or 25 if still studying. For your parents, how old are they? In which canton do you live?
Not applicable to EU nationals, but good try.
  #16  
Old 15.07.2011, 03:23
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Hi Simon 73:

just wanted to know about getting the swiss passport. I got married a swiss guy a year and a half ago. I have the B-permit that must be renewed every year and I wonder what's gonna happen after 5 years...I understand I can apply for swiss citizenship, but I have no idea if it's expensive or not...I've heard so, but I'm not sure.
thanks in advance!
In your case after 5 years marriage you can apply for facilitated citizenship. Erleichterte Einbuergerung / Naturalisation facilitee, Naturalizzazione facilitata, which is not expensive at all, compare to the ordinary naturalization which can vary by canton and it is based on your income. please visit following website www.bfm.admin.ch
  #17  
Old 15.07.2011, 03:25
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Hi Simon 73:

just wanted to know about getting the swiss passport. I got married a swiss guy a year and a half ago. I have the B-permit that must be renewed every year and I wonder what's gonna happen after 5 years...I understand I can apply for swiss citizenship, but I have no idea if it's expensive or not...I've heard so, but I'm not sure.
thanks in advance!
here the right link.

http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/...uergerung.html
The following 2 users would like to thank Simon73 for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 15.07.2011, 03:26
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
Dear Simon73,

I am a professional housebreaker from Kosova. I would like to transfer my business to Switzerland, perhaps employing several other trainee housebreakers from Kosova, Albania, Yugoslavia and Rumania.

I was hoping to settle in the canton of Ticino.

What kind of permit should I apply for, and will you help me to get it?

Thank you,

Dilber Bajrami
It is impossible for me to help you, contact the Swiss Embassy in Pristina
  #19  
Old 15.07.2011, 03:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29
Groaned at 13 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Simon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthySimon73 is considered unworthy
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
Yes, sis is for sister, she lives here on a B permit. So what i mean is that both children are in Switzerland. We both live in canton Zug and our parents are 56 and 57.
Contact the Migrationsamt des Kantons Zug concerning your parents,

http://www.zug.ch/behoerden/sicherhe...-fur-migration
  #20  
Old 15.07.2011, 03:31
gata's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,888
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,702 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa, permits, citizenship, just ask me

Quote:
View Post
In your case after 5 years marriage you can apply for facilitated citizenship. Erleichterte Einbuergerung / Naturalisation facilitee, Naturalizzazione facilitata, which is not expensive at all, compare to the ordinary naturalization which can vary by canton and it is based on your income. please visit following website www.bfm.admin.ch
Quote:
View Post
It is impossible for me to help you, contact the Swiss Embassy in Pristina
Quote:
View Post
Contact the Migrationsamt des Kantons Zug concerning your parents,

http://www.zug.ch/behoerden/sicherhe...-fur-migration

So basically the help you are offering is quoting websites or telling people to contact someone else? I can do that.

Ok who wants to know where to find brown sugar?
The following 14 users would like to thank gata for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting UK citizenship - will it extend my tourist visa? Ms.Welsh Permits/visas/government 12 31.01.2011 19:20
Multiple citizenship gonzus Permits/visas/government 45 13.02.2009 21:17
EU Citizenship Mowvich Permits/visas/government 1 29.08.2008 17:45
Stripped of citizenship, etc. evilshell Daily life 36 28.07.2008 01:35
What i need to get visa or Permits to go to Switzerland and im from egypt Guest Permits/visas/government 1 14.08.2007 22:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0