Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20.07.2011, 21:00
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Geneva
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
notinKansas has no particular reputation at present
Telecommute Visa?

Hello forum friends,

I've recently relocated to Geneva from the States, here for 2-3 years for work and looking forward to exploring the area by bike, foot, skis, and whatever other mode of transportation looks interesting. I've brought my dog along with me and we're really enjoying the area so far, but there's one thing missing....

Have been scouring the forum here to find an answer to this, but not finding it yet. I have a B work visa, and my boyfriend/partner is back in the US. He's able to telecommute for his job, and is looking in to moving over here with me. He'd have to be back in the US maybe 1 week out of every 4-6 weeks, but planning to be in Switzerland more than the 3 out of 6 months a tourist visa will allow.

With a job that allows him to work here with steady income, but for a company that does not have an office here, what is the best way to proceed with trying to get a visa? Does this fall under a work visa category, or are we looking at a partnership/dependent type of visa? We have discussed partnership/marriage options, but at this point we are not married and do not have plans to cross the legal-marriage bridge yet.

Appreciate any insight, and in the mean time I'll keep searching through past threads trying to find an answer. Also, any advice on a service that can help with the paperwork is welcome.

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entry on Tourist Visa, while Student Visa is processed? ireallyshouldbeworking Permits/visas/government 8 07.02.2012 11:45
US Citizen Marriage Visa to Swiss National under tourist visa SwissWannaBe Permits/visas/government 19 07.12.2011 23:09
Telecommute from Belgium for Swiss company AVT Employment 0 21.05.2011 06:07
Visa help needed!! Travel outside of home country during visa processing? chocoaddict Permits/visas/government 3 15.08.2010 17:26
Entry on Tourist Visa while Study Visa is in process ts6353 Permits/visas/government 5 23.07.2010 08:41

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0