Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26.07.2011, 16:53
Jimmy Bee's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 676
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 383 Times in 211 Posts
Jimmy Bee has earned the respect of manyJimmy Bee has earned the respect of manyJimmy Bee has earned the respect of many
Permit renewal after a one year Hiatus

Ok so a little bit of backstory..

I am am B-permit holder in Switzerland and have been here for 2 years. My contract is up at the end of September (the 2 year mark) but my employer wants to keep me on for up to 3-4 months to finish my project and they have applied for a permit in the usual ways and is going well.

Because of previous L-permit in the first year and some pretty poor communication from my work and the immigration department, my wife (who was with me for the first year) ended up returning to our native Australia to work and live. It was difficult but I have made 2 trips back (one for xmas and one for my sisters wedding) and she has been back to Zurich once for 2 months as a visit and travelling.

She is currently in the air back to Switzerland and she plans to stay in Switzerland while I'm wrapping up. We are going to the USA for a month's holiday from mid Oct-mid November as well. Now overall she will be in Switzerland more than the allowable 90 days for a tourist visa so I am currently in the process of renewing her residency permit (as a dependent) for the 2 or so months that she will be here after her tourist visa expires. Seems like a waste of paperwork for 2 extra months because we are leaving but I guess its a necessity.

Has anyone had any experience in this particular situation, where there has been a gap in between residency permits? Should we expect similar entry requirements as last time (ie. entry visa to be applied for in a country other than Switzerland) or are they going to be a little more lenient considering we will be leaving the country for good? Considering we are going to the USA before the end of her 90 day tourist visa limit we could possibly get an entry permit for her in New York anyway...
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re. Converting UK drivers' licence after more than one year LongJohn Transportation/driving 17 06.06.2010 18:04
Non-EU L to B converted after one year? chris_l Permits/visas/government 5 07.08.2009 14:43
"One year minimum" rental - what if one wants the tenant out after 18 months? Flower Housing in general 9 19.09.2008 14:44
Chances of Getting B permit after renewal of L permit twice for a NON-EU ROKZZ Permits/visas/government 0 25.06.2008 13:11
B permit renewal after permit has expired epfl_student Permits/visas/government 8 25.01.2008 18:33

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0