Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20.08.2011, 22:40
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indian
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lililala has no particular reputation at present
Residence Permit for scholar > visa for student. Rulings?

Dear all,

I am pretty new in this forum and thanks for many informative posts. But for my case I did not find suitable information. Therefore I want to ask your help if you are familiar with such cases.

I am a student at a private boarding school in Switzland (Non-EU). Next year I will graduate from the school in May. I would like to apply for a Swiss university like ETH Zurich, but I do not know If I can change my residence permit from the boarding school to uni in Switzerland, or I have to go back to my home and apply a new study visa?

Thanks for your reply in advance.



In addition, I raised this question here because my parents are not in Switzerland and will not come here. I am alone in Switzerland and therefore I have to worry for my visa.

Thanks again.

Last edited by vwild1; 20.08.2011 at 22:49. Reason: merged 2 successive posts into 1
Reply With Quote
Old 21.08.2011, 15:47
Posts: n/a
Re: Residence Permit for scholar > visa for student. Rulings?

Your school should be able to advise you as part of their careers service.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Do I need transit visa for Heathrow?(Indian with Swiss residence permit) ayyala Permits/visas/government 65 10.02.2014 09:32
Applying as a student for a Residence Permit Cerebral Permits/visas/government 11 01.08.2010 17:29
Is a visa required for travel if you already have a residence permit? gray Permits/visas/government 4 02.07.2009 18:51
Student Visa/Residence permit UserNamesAllTaken Permits/visas/government 1 25.06.2009 20:35
Visa\Residence Permit for learning German in Zurich vlad_island Permits/visas/government 1 28.06.2008 12:51

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0