Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22.08.2011, 12:18
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
flathills has no particular reputation at present
Changing Permit after studies


I am a UK national and I am finishing a two-year course, during which time I have had a B Permit.

I hope to begin my Masters studies next semester (April); unfortunately, with application deadlines it wasn't possible for me to start these studies directly this semester.

This means, I now have 7 months when I would like to stay in Switzerland (my fiancee is here) after my current permit expires, before my next studies, and I am wondering what my chances are of getting a permit? I guess since I have the "privileged" UK/EU nationality, there is a good chance....but which permit should I ask for? Also, if I would like to work to save some money for studies, does this make it more/less difficult?

Any advice/info much appreciated...I can't seem to work out the system after hours of reading....whether I should ask for job-seeker permit, short term residence or hmmmmmm
Reply With Quote
Old 22.08.2011, 16:13
Posts: n/a
Re: Changing Permit after studies

View Post
Also, if I would like to work to save some money for studies, does this make it more/less difficult?
Get any sort of employment contract and you can get a permit with that. You could also get 6 months as a job seeker then change back to studies.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Claiming unemployment after 1 year studies maksim Employment 21 22.10.2009 23:23
Query about Return visa (waiting for a new permit after changing cantons) kaustavghose Permits/visas/government 16 29.08.2009 00:55
Changing job after 2 month on B permit Big Head Permits/visas/government 2 06.03.2009 09:48
L permit changing to B permit and Changing jobs - Please help maddy Permits/visas/government 2 16.08.2007 08:48
Changing my job few months after receving my B permit alefsin Permits/visas/government 11 06.08.2007 17:44

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0