Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.09.2011, 18:43
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
azzarel3 has no particular reputation at present
Student Visa/Permit L

My boyfriend has applied, auditioned and has been accepted at the Hochschule Luzern - Musik

So far he has had to register his address of where he will be living. They needed to see a school schedule of some sort to show that he is actually going to be going to school there. They said to make it 100% complete, they will need to see and make a copy of his student ID once he receives it. He hasn't received it yet because 1) he needed an address in Switzerland in order to have it sent there 2) he had to go to the migration office and declare that he was here 3) got a bill in the mail saying he must pay something like 239chf for his student visa and ID. That had to be paid before his finger printing and photo taking. 4) he paid the bill, and they had an opening for his finger printing and photo taking... and now they told him to wait for his ID to come in the mail.

However, all of this took place before today, and today he had to take a German exam for the school. He was given very vague information on what level this German exam would test him on, but he studied all summer. Mainly, what they told him was that he needed to know enough German to get around music wise. He took the exam today, and they told him he didn't know enough and that he couldn't start school this semester. He could try again in February if he wanted. He told me that there were two parts, and the first part was fine, but the second part this guy spoke German very fast. After my boyfriend asked (in German) for him to say it slower please), the man only said the same thing, and at the same pace. When my boyfriend said he didn't understand, he said that he couldn't start because he didn't know enough German.

Anyways, after this big long story, we are wondering... what happens to his visa? Does he still get one for him to stay in the country until he can try again? Will the school notify the migration office and let them know that he didn't pass, or will this be something my boyfriend will have to do? All very confusing. We would appreciate any help! Thank you!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is work permit possible with student visa? Abyss Permits/visas/government 17 16.01.2014 00:40
B-Permit to any student visa bARRON Permits/visas/government 0 18.01.2010 15:14
changing from student visa to full time contract (B permit) Kiwinumber1 Permits/visas/government 6 16.12.2009 22:46
Student Visa/Residence permit UserNamesAllTaken Permits/visas/government 1 25.06.2009 21:35
Switching from an L permit for work to a student visa JohnDubya Permits/visas/government 0 14.02.2007 18:09

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0