Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.02.2012, 01:00
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hamad has no particular reputation at present
Marriage in Switzerland

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to have some general info regarding marriage in Swiss.
I am Non-EU national, working & living in Cyprus and my fiancee she is Swiss National and she lives in Switzerland and we will be getting married in Switzerland by the end of this year and after the marriage we will be living in cyprus.

So, my question is that once the marriage has been done and registered in marriage council of Switzerland, will i am gonna get any kind of permit while living in cyprus? or every time i will required to apply for a new visa for each time i travel to Switzerland ?

I will be looking forward to your comments, Thank you.

have a nice weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18.02.2012, 08:57
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

AFAIK, you won't get anything in terms of permit or reduced entry standards just because you married a Swiss unless you live here.

What maybe can happen (as with my non-EU wife) is that applying for a visa becomes easier and can be obtained for a longer period eg maybe you can get a 5 year visa for here more easily as you now have a Swiss wife and so you don't need to apply every time
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18.02.2012, 18:54
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hamad has no particular reputation at present
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
AFAIK, you won't get anything in terms of permit or reduced entry standards just because you married a Swiss unless you live here.

What maybe can happen (as with my non-EU wife) is that applying for a visa becomes easier and can be obtained for a longer period eg maybe you can get a 5 year visa for here more easily as you now have a Swiss wife and so you don't need to apply every time
Thanks for the useful comment, Looking forward to more comments.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.02.2012, 23:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmensdorf ZH, ex-Lausanne
Posts: 415
Groaned at 15 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 182 Posts
NicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

I can't add anything else but just say that your visa to come here will be much easier when you come on visits- they can't refuse you a multiple entry Schengen visa valid a long while (1 year? 18 mos? 2 years? not sure). I have a friend in a similar situation and he has a good run of it coming and going.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18.02.2012, 23:59
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,910
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,401 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to have some general info regarding marriage in Swiss.
I am Non-EU national, working & living in Cyprus and my fiancee she is Swiss National and she lives in Switzerland and we will be getting married in Switzerland by the end of this year and after the marriage we will be living in cyprus.

So, my question is that once the marriage has been done and registered in marriage council of Switzerland, will i am gonna get any kind of permit while living in cyprus? or every time i will required to apply for a new visa for each time i travel to Switzerland ?

I will be looking forward to your comments, Thank you.

have a nice weekend.
I don`t think so ,but a metal for bravery Me thinks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21.02.2012, 22:34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hamad has no particular reputation at present
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I don`t think so ,but a metal for bravery Me thinks
lol @ medal*** of bravery
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21.02.2012, 22:35
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hamad has no particular reputation at present
Re: Marriage in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I can't add anything else but just say that your visa to come here will be much easier when you come on visits- they can't refuse you a multiple entry Schengen visa valid a long while (1 year? 18 mos? 2 years? not sure). I have a friend in a similar situation and he has a good run of it coming and going.
Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fiancee, marriage, marriage council, non-eu, permit




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marriage contracts/pre-nups in switzerland denk33 Family matters/health 11 02.04.2013 15:46
Marriage in Switzerland (Fribourg) [Visa issues] Gulata Permits/visas/government 3 09.08.2009 17:24
Registration of Marriage in Switzerland ctoop Family matters/health 2 09.08.2009 15:53
Marriage abroad or in Switzerland? SwissInTexas Permits/visas/government 13 04.12.2008 06:17
Marriage in Switzerland josephtinu Daily life 3 08.03.2007 13:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0