Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.06.2012, 14:50
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
buglii has no particular reputation at present
Visa/Permit for spouse (Non EU) for a Non EU 'C' permit holder

I am a resident of Switzerland with C Permit but I am a Non EU Citizen. I am planning to get married to a Non-EU citizen in a Non-EU Country later this year. I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has been in this position.

I would like to find out whether after our marriage, given my permanent residence in Switzerland, can my spouse also live in CH with me and work? And if so what is the procedure?

Your assistance would be of great help.
I am simulataneously going to search for information form the local authorities at the Cantonal Office.
Reply With Quote
Old 24.06.2013, 05:06
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Basel
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
pepperylady has no particular reputation at present
Re: Visa/Permit for spouse (Non EU) for a Non EU 'C' permit holder

Your new spouse should be able to get a "family reunion" visa to enter Switzerland and live with you. Once they're there they'll have to apply to the cantonal authorities for a residence permit.
You will probably need proof of his/her visa, proof of your own residence permit, and your marriage certificate among other things, but you should check with your canton to know for sure.
From what I understand once s/he has a residence permit if s/he finds a job getting a work permit shouldn't be a problem.

First steps are the wedding and the visa http://www.eda.admin.ch/etc/medialib...y_template.pdf

good luck!
Reply With Quote

c permit, c permit spouse, visa, visa and marriage

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shenghen Visa needed for B permit holder non EU? garotinha Permits/visas/government 13 27.03.2012 11:56
Does marriage give me a visa to work? [non-EU marrying non-EU B permit holder] AshleyfrmKS Permits/visas/government 16 09.02.2012 12:47
Non-EU spouse of an EU citizen + C permit holder tuteca Permits/visas/government 48 05.09.2011 18:04
Options for EU B-permit holder and non-EU L-permit holder fiancee? ainz Permits/visas/government 7 08.10.2007 18:49

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0