Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16.07.2012, 21:54
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London - soon to be Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lucy5679 has no particular reputation at present
Permit B problems for boyfriend

There are a lot of threads about Permit applications but none of them really answer my problem.

I have been a resident here for 4 years on a Permit B. My boyfriend has joined me from the UK and currently he is not working. He is looking to do some part time seasonal work during the winter but from what I understand of seasonal employers they don't like sponsoring permits due to the additional paperwork.

We are expecting a baby in December and the plan is for him to stay at home with the baby whilst I continue to work.

My HR department have advised me that we should not apply for his Permit B until the baby is born and there is proof on the birth certificate that he is the father. Until that point as we are not married we cannot claim that we are 'regroupement familial'.

Has anyone else applied for a Permit B in this situation? Is my HR department being overly cautious?

Any help appreciated
Reply With Quote
Old 16.07.2012, 21:57
Posts: n/a
Re: Permit B problems for boyfriend

Get an L permit and keep renewing it, then in a year (or when the baby is born) upgrade to a B permit.

As long as he has means of support there is no reason they won't give a permit for UK/EU.

He can get an L or B permit himself, the employer doesn't need to apply, and will probably be easier getting seasonal work if he already has one.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
Old 16.07.2012, 22:01
Posts: n/a
Re: Permit B problems for boyfriend

Also if you are looking for seasonal work in Geneva, there are a lot of French companies doing transfers from GVA in the ski season and he wouldn't need a Swiss permit to work for them.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving to Switzerland (Non-EU) with boyfriend (EU) holding permanent resident permit ExpatSwede Permits/visas/government 19 26.02.2017 22:24
Norwegian L-Permit holder, American boyfriend DD8002 Permits/visas/government 3 10.02.2010 22:59
UK citizen residing in zurich with L-Permit boyfriend - Permit question bethanian Permits/visas/government 4 21.11.2008 20:06
B permit holder with Brazillian boyfriend, please help!! frog10 Permits/visas/government 7 29.07.2008 20:31
Non-EU Citizen living with Swiss boyfriend - Permit Options s268952 Permits/visas/government 8 03.10.2007 13:14

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0