Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.10.2012, 14:12
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,762
Groaned at 284 Times in 189 Posts
Thanked 18,649 Times in 7,835 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
B Permit Grey Book

I have a B Permit with the grey booklet thing. When I moved communes within the same canton to Zurich city, I didn't get a replacement permit, but instead they gave me a large (A6?) sized piece of paper with a stamp on it.

Has anyone else got this? I assumed this was temporary until the updated permit came through, but it has been over half a year now...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30.10.2012, 14:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich Unterland
Posts: 3,315
Groaned at 145 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,930 Posts
smoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B Permit Grey Book

That is very strange.

The permit in a grey booklet has been replaced with a the new "credit card" plastic thing - and you have to have the Migrationampt photo - their "Bio Hazard Every Wrinkle Revealed" photo - (I forget what it`s called, but its the most terrible photo ever imaginable).... you sit in a little booth next to the interrogation man`s desk and give electronic fingerprints and that photo.

Better go ask them about it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30.10.2012, 14:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: B Permit Grey Book

Quote:
View Post
I have a B Permit with the grey booklet thing. When I moved communes within the same canton to Zurich city, I didn't get a replacement permit, but instead they gave me a large (A6?) sized piece of paper with a stamp on it.

Has anyone else got this? I assumed this was temporary until the updated permit came through, but it has been over half a year now...
I suspect the piece of paper needs to be exchanged for the new RHS portion of the permit card. Mayb e the onus was on you to go and get it re-issued?

Quote:
View Post
That is very strange.

The permit in a grey booklet has been replaced with a the new "credit card" plastic thing - and you have to have the Migrationampt photo - their "Bio Hazard Every Wrinkle Revealed" photo - (I forget what it`s called, but its the most terrible photo ever imaginable).... you sit in a little booth next to the interrogation man`s desk and give electronic fingerprints and that photo.
This may well be the case for the OP, but there's a danger in extrapolating one's own experiences, as these things still vary from one Kanton to another, and for all I know from one Gemeinde to another. Living in Engelberg, OW, for example, I still have the paper version, in the aforementioned plastic wallet (although it's pale green, not grey, as it's a 'C').
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 30.10.2012, 14:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,514
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B Permit Grey Book

Quote:
I suspect the piece of paper needs to be exchanged for the new RHS portion of the permit card. Mayb e the onus was on you to go and get it re-issued?



This may well be the case for the OP, but there's a danger in extrapolating one's own experiences, as these things still vary from one Kanton to another, and for all I know from one Gemeinde to another. Living in Engelberg, OW, for example, I still have the paper version, in the aforementioned plastic wallet (although it's pale green, not grey, as it's a 'C').
EU citizens still get the paper version. Credit card only for non-EU sofar.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Shorrick Mk2 for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 30.10.2012, 19:53
nqnln's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Liechtenstein
Posts: 703
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 503 Times in 274 Posts
nqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of many
Re: B Permit Grey Book

Same thing happened to me when I moved within ZH this year. Apparently the Migrationsamt has stopped reissuing permits when the move is within the canton. They used to rubber stamp over the previous address, but this didn't happen to me this time.

This "Meldebestätigung für ausländische Personen" must be retained for the remaining duration of your permit. 20 CHF for a reissue...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nqnln for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grey grey, all is grey AND horrible!! McBain666 Complaints corner 46 09.12.2011 14:51
A grey area! McTAVGE Insurance 30 09.08.2010 15:40
book -V- film (aka the great book masacre) Lou General off-topic 51 07.05.2008 00:50


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0