Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23.12.2012, 11:24
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phoenix7 has no particular reputation at present
Spouse visa type?


I'm a Non-European Non-American married PhD student in US. I'm going to Switzerland for a 4 month internship for a high profile company. I'm applying for work visa but I'm not sure which visa type is the best for my wife. I didn't find a *dependent* visa type in the swiss consulate website. Is there a dependent visa type?

The other thing is that my wife just stays for about a month with me in Europe. Is tourism visa easier to get? Reading the consulates's website, I found out that tourism visa needs more documents such as flight, hotel, insurance, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 23.12.2012, 11:36
swisspea's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: May 2008
Location: From one side of lake Zurich t
Posts: 6,354
Groaned at 42 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 6,448 Times in 2,964 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spouse visa type?

Ask the swiss consulate general in your home country. They are the best source of how to get visas for people of your nationality...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank swisspea for this useful post:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can i enter Switzerland before Visa validity date on a Student visa type "D"? ganesai Permits/visas/government 15 03.06.2016 18:24
Steps for Non-EU to get spouse visa (spouse EU, B visa) Guest Permits/visas/government 2 27.01.2015 19:42
Is spouse of B-type visa allowed to work? manya Permits/visas/government 15 04.07.2011 14:58
D type Visa NewtoSwiss Permits/visas/government 1 28.04.2009 11:38
My visa is type D, can I go to Austria with this visa? miyax Permits/visas/government 9 03.03.2009 20:27

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0