Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30.03.2013, 12:28
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Geneva
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
moonlightsonata has no particular reputation at present
[Non-EU] Student Visa - How much money I need to prove?

Hi everyone,

I have just accepted the offer of studying master degree from IHEID in Geneva. I'm a non-EU and now preparing to apply for my student visa. So I want to ask you guys about the amount of money that I need to prove while applying. Do I need to prove my financial resources for my first year or both years? How much do I need (minimum)? (The MA program is a 2-year one and costs about 18,000- 22,000 CHF/year - tuition, insurance, living expenses, etc included). I have asked the embassy in my country but they didn't give any answer (they're horrible in giving advice, from what I've heard ) so I really need your help!!!!!!

Many thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 30.03.2013, 12:47
sva's Avatar
sva sva is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: V/G, FR
Posts: 1,073
Groaned at 19 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 824 Times in 410 Posts
sva has a reputation beyond reputesva has a reputation beyond reputesva has a reputation beyond reputesva has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Non-EU] Student Visa - How much money I need to prove?

Non-EU > more demands / less comfort from the permit authorities.
If i were u , I'd provide for the entire two years and then some (+10%). IMHO loans taken for education count.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank sva for this useful post:
Old 30.03.2013, 13:25
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 367
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 383 Times in 167 Posts
Ryan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeable
Re: [Non-EU] Student Visa - How much money I need to prove?

Totally agree with SVA. Two year expenses + something extra will make your file stronger. I've seen few rejections where students failed to justify available finances as compared to expenses.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-US/Non-EU international student. How to pay taxes in Switzerland? alesco Finance/banking/taxation 5 22.05.2017 12:25
Non EU PhD student: how to get C permit humblesoul Permits/visas/government 10 17.01.2015 12:36
Non EU w/ a Student Visa to get married to a same country C Permit holder Marphur Permits/visas/government 6 15.06.2012 09:06
Show how much savings to get non-working EU C Permit? makeabigwish Permits/visas/government 2 04.06.2008 21:23
How long do I still need to wait? [visa processing non eu] stoplight Permits/visas/government 12 21.05.2007 13:21

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0