Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19.04.2013, 14:31
bip bip is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 38
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
bip has slipped a little
Have only Swiss visa so far (no residence permit): Can I invite girlfriend to visit?

My situation is like this: Both I and my girlfriend are non-EU nationals staying in EU countries. I will move to Switzerland in a few days for my studies. I have a temporary Swiss Visa (type D). I know that I will have to register with the local authorities in Switzerland to get a residence permit. I am sending a letter of invitation which my girlfriend will use to apply for a visit-visa to Switzerland. The list of documents she requires includes "residence permit of the host." I do not know how exactly a residence permit is different from a visa, but as far as I can understand, the visa I now have is not equivalent to the residence permit required for her visa application. She needs to apply next week to have a realistic chance of visiting me during her holidays.

Does this situation mean that she will not be given a visitor visa? Will it ease things if I mention in my invitation letter that I will register with the authorities as soon as I reach there, or if I include my housing-contract?

Your suggestions will be very useful. If you have faced this situation before or know of people who have, please share your experiences.
Reply With Quote

invitation, residence permit, visit visa

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invite girlfriend to Switzerland with permit L nduytan Permits/visas/government 3 19.01.2012 22:56
Residence Permit but no Visa Cerebral Permits/visas/government 3 16.02.2011 16:14
B Permit holder, separated, can Non EU girlfriend get dependant Visa ? Upthehatters2008 Permits/visas/government 1 26.01.2011 12:46
Is a visa required for travel if you already have a residence permit? gray Permits/visas/government 4 02.07.2009 18:51
no-EU with Schengen visa.can i visit Switzerland? switzvisitor Permits/visas/government 20 16.01.2008 18:18

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0