Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 30.10.2020, 02:55
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: ZH
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
rjagger has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Looking at some of the most recent timelines posted here, the entire process for Kt. Zürich takes on average about 20 months in current times, best case 11 months, worst case 3 years (including document assembly)

Send docs => Kt confirmation 0.5mo 3mo 1.5mo
Just confirming that the Bestaetigung from the Gemeindamt arrives pretty much exactly after 1.5mo now in Zurich (received it a couple of days back after submitting it in the beginning of September). Though, this might depend on the clerk handling it, as they're assigned to the first letter of one's surname.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 01.11.2020, 00:26
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,858
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,674 Times in 9,621 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

I didn’t include the time for assembling documents on my own timeline . In my case this probably took longer than necessary due to the lack of urgency on my part . My main motivation in finishing that part was the realization that some of the documents were approaching the end of their validity while others were still missing . By and large I must say that I have no reason to complain and all authorities I had to get documents from were cooperative . Which is not to say the tax office didn’t manage to get the date wrong . I we went there in person to get that fixed and all they did as scribble on the original document . I was worried the naturalization office would quibble over that, but they didn’t .
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #443  
Old 01.11.2020, 15:28
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

I did find inconsistencies in what I got charged for certain documents from the two different gemeindes I required them from. Whilst most were the standard 30chf, the tax certificate was 80chf from the larger town and 0chf from the other. Strangely the social security certificate was free from the larger town but 30chf from the smaller!



Additionally in the smaller town I had to use 3 different payments: card for the residency certificate,, bill for the social security certifcate and cash for the debt certificate!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #444  
Old 02.11.2020, 16:47
Sean Connery's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,172
Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,133 Posts
Sean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

I have the answer to my delay, at least. I got a yellow form with one of the letters which told me that I have to send the SEM certificate plus confirmation of payment of fees to Gemeinde and to Kanton. As it did not come with the certificate and I read that the Kanton got a copy of the certificate, I missed this point.

The theory would be that it's all completed by month-end now as I've sent in the stuff. I thought it was delayed due to COVID....
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Sean Connery for this useful post:
  #445  
Old 02.11.2020, 22:39
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I have the answer to my delay, at least. I got a yellow form with one of the letters which told me that I have to send the SEM certificate plus confirmation of payment of fees to Gemeinde and to Kanton. As it did not come with the certificate and I read that the Kanton got a copy of the certificate, I missed this point.

The theory would be that it's all completed by month-end now as I've sent in the stuff. I thought it was delayed due to COVID....
Sorry I don't quite follow. My understanding is that the certificates are added to your dossier and never sent to you direct. Same for payment: I understood that the dossier isn't forwarded from the Gemeinde to the Kanton until you pay the Gemeide fee.

So is it correct that SEM send you the certificate instead of direct to the Kanton?
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 03.11.2020, 09:49
Sean Connery's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,172
Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,133 Posts
Sean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

SEM sends you a certificate (you'll know when this is because you get a random invitation to the post to pay 100 or so) with a copy to the Kantonal Migrationsamt. And if you just look at the cert and not the yellow page you get some weeks earlier, you see a copy is sent to them and could assume you do nothing.

It's a test, surely
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sean Connery for this useful post:
  #447  
Old 03.11.2020, 11:40
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
It's a test, surely
I'm sure it is!
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 03.11.2020, 13:23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
WVkrDw has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

I can confirm that under the "new rules" of normal naturalisation - at least in the Kanton of Zürich - the only document you will receive from the SEM is the bill which must be paid in advance. Their decision, presumably, is shared directly with the Gemeindeamt.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank WVkrDw for this useful post:
  #449  
Old 03.11.2020, 14:15
Sean Connery's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,172
Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,133 Posts
Sean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I can confirm that under the "new rules" of normal naturalisation - at least in the Kanton of Zürich - the only document you will receive from the SEM is the bill which must be paid in advance. Their decision, presumably, is shared directly with the Gemeindeamt.
This is better. In the old version that ended earlier this year, there is the pointless step that I missed.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sean Connery for this useful post:
  #450  
Old 03.11.2020, 14:22
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,858
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,674 Times in 9,621 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I did find inconsistencies in what I got charged for certain documents from the two different gemeindes I required them from. Whilst most were the standard 30chf, the tax certificate was 80chf from the larger town and 0chf from the other. Strangely the social security certificate was free from the larger town but 30chf from the smaller!



Additionally in the smaller town I had to use 3 different payments: card for the residency certificate,, bill for the social security certifcate and cash for the debt certificate!

The social security certificate was the only document I didn't have to pay anything for (Zürich City here). It was also the least hassle to get. I just turned up in person and asked for it over the counter. The gentelman typed something into his computer, and then stamped and signed the document then and there, and that was it.

So much for the folks who say the social security department in ZH is a quagmire of burocracy.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #451  
Old 03.11.2020, 16:17
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I can confirm that under the "new rules" of normal naturalisation - at least in the Kanton of Zürich - the only document you will receive from the SEM is the bill which must be paid in advance. Their decision, presumably, is shared directly with the Gemeindeamt.
That makes sense, as I was suprised nobody had mentioned it in recent posts until now.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #452  
Old 04.11.2020, 01:53
SponPlague's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 8045 Zurich
Posts: 221
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 217 Times in 134 Posts
SponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputation
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

So how does one find out, in Zürich, when the SEM stage is conplete?
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 04.11.2020, 10:42
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
So how does one find out, in Zürich, when the SEM stage is complete?
Like most bureaucratic processes in CH, only once you pay the bill

From the inputs here you can assume the SEM certificate is processed on average within 6 weeks of payment. After that it's more open how long the Kanton takes to make you Swiss.

The process is like a marathon...the last miles seem to take FOREVER...
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 04.11.2020, 10:44
SponPlague's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 8045 Zurich
Posts: 221
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 217 Times in 134 Posts
SponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputation
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

I paid the bill within hours of getting it, and that was 2 months or more ago...

Is there any point enquiring?
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 04.11.2020, 13:25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Zürich
Posts: 78
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 84 Times in 41 Posts
bokabil has earned some respectbokabil has earned some respect
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

We are in the middle of this process in Canton ZH... our timeline so far:
Feb 20 2020 - Submit application to Canton
Apr 09 2020 - Application sent by Canton to Gemeinde
Apr 21 2020 - Invoice from Gemeinde
Jun 09 2020 - Interview with Gemeinderat
Jun 19 2020 - Approval from Gemeinde
Jun 24 2020 - Our names got posted in the local paper (public has 30 days to file a complain)
Aug 06 2020 - Application received by Canton back from Gemeinde
Sep 22 2020 - Invoice from Canton
Oct 29 2020 - Invoice from Bund
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bokabil for this useful post:
  #456  
Old 04.11.2020, 13:45
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,015
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,676 Times in 828 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I paid the bill within hours of getting it, and that was 2 months or more ago...

Is there any point enquiring?
I wouldn't just yet. If you look at posts 300 and 358 in this thread, it took 5 months between the SEM bill and the next notification (which is informing you that you are Swiss).

Only after 4-5 months would I check, and then it would be direct with the Kanton.
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 04.11.2020, 16:51
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,858
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,674 Times in 9,621 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I paid the bill within hours of getting it, and that was 2 months or more ago...

Is there any point enquiring?
I waited 5 months.

The FAQ page on their website says it can take up to 8 months.

So at 2 months you're still early days.

chill.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 04.11.2020, 16:52
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,858
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,674 Times in 9,621 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
We are in the middle of this process in Canton ZH... our timeline so far:
Feb 20 2020 - Submit application to Canton
Apr 09 2020 - Application sent by Canton to Gemeinde
Apr 21 2020 - Invoice from Gemeinde
Jun 09 2020 - Interview with Gemeinderat
Jun 19 2020 - Approval from Gemeinde
Jun 24 2020 - Our names got posted in the local paper (public has 30 days to file a complain)
Aug 06 2020 - Application received by Canton back from Gemeinde
Sep 22 2020 - Invoice from Canton
Oct 29 2020 - Invoice from Bund
wow that's quick.

Congratulations.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #459  
Old 04.11.2020, 17:24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zürich area
Posts: 84
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 48 Times in 32 Posts
JSOU has made some interesting contributions
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
We are in the middle of this process in Canton ZH... our timeline so far:
Feb 20 2020 - Submit application to Canton
Apr 09 2020 - Application sent by Canton to Gemeinde
Apr 21 2020 - Invoice from Gemeinde
Jun 09 2020 - Interview with Gemeinderat
Jun 19 2020 - Approval from Gemeinde
Jun 24 2020 - Our names got posted in the local paper (public has 30 days to file a complain)
Aug 06 2020 - Application received by Canton back from Gemeinde
Sep 22 2020 - Invoice from Canton
Oct 29 2020 - Invoice from Bund
Straightforward! Impressive
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JSOU for this useful post:
  #460  
Old 04.11.2020, 19:37
SponPlague's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 8045 Zurich
Posts: 221
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 217 Times in 134 Posts
SponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputation
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Thanks. I’d thought the bulk of the 8 after interview was Kantom & SEM...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fukushima Diary Guest International affairs/politics 15 16.03.2016 16:31
Question regarding Submitting Naturalisation Application and New Naturalisation Law ldfire10035 Permits/visas/government 12 14.06.2013 15:41
On line diary telandy Other/general 4 28.12.2012 11:34
Dependent visa for L card applicant/holder Guest Permits/visas/government 6 24.07.2007 12:09
Funny: Yale applicant for banking.... Lob General off-topic 19 13.10.2006 11:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0