Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1741  
Old 16.01.2023, 15:09
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

This is why it is important to drive very carefully before and during the citizenship process - in the below example the applicant will only be able to apply again when the probation time expires:

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/busines...0speed%20limit.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1742  
Old 16.01.2023, 22:51
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Genève
Posts: 152
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 182 Times in 86 Posts
voyager is considered knowledgeablevoyager is considered knowledgeablevoyager is considered knowledgeable
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Yes, need to have a clean record with sufficient time elapsed for sentences to have expired (limitation periods are described in the naturalisation law).

Surprised though that this individual submitted their application — they would have surely known well that they had a suspended sentence in the year before their application. They obviously thought they could get away with it. And to think that I had been worried about occasional parking tickets before I had submitted my application, ha !

The fact that this has been a subject of a court decision suggests also that the applicant may have taken the State to court. One must admire their gumption to take their future country of citizenship to court. I can’t imagine that will have a happy ending so easily.

So yes, all applicants here do drive carefully please 🚗 !
Reply With Quote
  #1743  
Old 16.01.2023, 23:40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Genève
Posts: 44
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Koster has earned some respectKoster has earned some respect
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Yes, need to have a clean record with sufficient time elapsed for sentences to have expired (limitation periods are described in the naturalisation law).

Surprised though that this individual submitted their application — they would have surely known well that they had a suspended sentence in the year before their application. They obviously thought they could get away with it. And to think that I had been worried about occasional parking tickets before I had submitted my application, ha !

The fact that this has been a subject of a court decision suggests also that the applicant may have taken the State to court. One must admire their gumption to take their future country of citizenship to court. I can’t imagine that will have a happy ending so easily.

So yes, all applicants here do drive carefully please 🚗 !
He is a French citizen playing several milions in taxes in Suisse , he isnt checking english forum and his letter box everyday. He has all the rights to take them to court. Asking for citizenship doesnt mean being submissive.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Koster for this useful post:
This user groans at Koster for this post:
  #1744  
Old 17.01.2023, 08:58
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Genève
Posts: 152
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 182 Times in 86 Posts
voyager is considered knowledgeablevoyager is considered knowledgeablevoyager is considered knowledgeable
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
He is a French citizen playing several milions in taxes in Suisse , he isnt checking english forum and his letter box everyday. He has all the rights to take them to court. Asking for citizenship doesnt mean being submissive.
One does not have to be a millionaire, or to participate in the English Forum to know if you qualify apply for citizenship here. The nationality law (written not in English but in the national languages) is clear on this. The very first criteria listed under integration is “respect for public security and order” (article 4), with a clear expression that the criteria are not considered to be met if the applicant “violates legal requirements …in a serious manner” or has had “institutional measures” pronounced against them (article 4 alinéas 1, 2 of the ordnance of the nationality law).

These conditions arrive not in letterboxes; rather a hard copy is provided along with the application form in canton GE, besides being available online.

No respect here for speedsters, who endanger others, and those who waste the time and energy of the naturalisation department in litigation, leading to delays in handling of our applications.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank voyager for this useful post:
  #1745  
Old 17.01.2023, 09:18
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
He is a French citizen playing several milions in taxes in Suisse , he isnt checking english forum and his letter box everyday. He has all the rights to take them to court. Asking for citizenship doesnt mean being submissive.
The laws and regulations apply equally to him, the amount of tax he pays is irrelevant. The naturalisation handbook clearly outlines the "cooling off" period after committing a serious offence (which, unfortunately for him, high speeding offences are).

Yes he has the right to dispute it, but the court found the law was clear, and he will simply have to hurry up and wait.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1746  
Old 17.01.2023, 12:51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Genève
Posts: 44
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Koster has earned some respectKoster has earned some respect
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
One does not have to be a millionaire, or to participate in the English Forum to know if you qualify apply for citizenship here. The nationality law (written not in English but in the national languages) is clear on this. The very first criteria listed under integration is “respect for public security and order” (article 4), with a clear expression that the criteria are not considered to be met if the applicant “violates legal requirements …in a serious manner” or has had “institutional measures” pronounced against them (article 4 alinéas 1, 2 of the ordnance of the nationality law).

These conditions arrive not in letterboxes; rather a hard copy is provided along with the application form in canton GE, besides being available online.

No respect here for speedsters, who endanger others, and those who waste the time and energy of the naturalisation department in litigation, leading to delays in handling of our applications.
yes we all know the laws, you cant just bash an unknown person or question his intentions just becuase you are googling laws and reading handbooks.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at Koster for this post:
  #1747  
Old 17.01.2023, 20:43
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Aargau
Posts: 750
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 965 Times in 374 Posts
logo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
yes we all know the laws, you cant just bash an unknown person or question his intentions just becuase you are googling laws and reading handbooks.
Frenchie....is that you...... ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #1748  
Old 18.01.2023, 09:33
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
yes we all know the laws, you cant just bash an unknown person or question his intentions just becuase you are googling laws and reading handbooks.
It was hardly bashing. If you actually read the posts, the actions of the subject were questioned, and in one case, admired for bravery...but not "bashed" as you so mildly put it.

The subject spun the dice and lost, that's it. Hence the general concensus of the last few posts..."drive carefully and lawfully if you don't want any holdups". (although everyone should drive carefully and lawfully).
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1749  
Old 19.01.2023, 10:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 28
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
sssluka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Dear all

I need your help to understand what is better to do, if apply myself first or my wife or the whole family. Here the situation:

-me I will be able to apply August next year, italian citizen, Telc B1 german but definitely I will need to practice and study (I work in english and use German just for minor things)
-my wife still has 4 years to apply, she is from Romania, very good german, doctor in the hospital of our community
-my kid, 2 years old

What do you suggest to do: should I apply myself (i guess I cannot apply the kid yet because is just 2 years old, not enough time in switzerland) or should I wait for my wife and apply as family?

If I am rejected for some reasons, this will create problems to my wife and my kids future applications?

I live in Dietikon, I don't know how difficult it is the process.

Many many big thx for everyone that would like to express his/her opinion on this!!!

I would love also to have a chat with someone that applied successfully in Dietikon
Reply With Quote
  #1750  
Old 19.01.2023, 11:01
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Dear all

I need your help to understand what is better to do, if apply myself first or my wife or the whole family. Here the situation:

-me I will be able to apply August next year, italian citizen, Telc B1 german but definitely I will need to practice and study (I work in english and use German just for minor things)
-my wife still has 4 years to apply, she is from Romania, very good german, doctor in the hospital of our community
-my kid, 2 years old

What do you suggest to do: should I apply myself (i guess I cannot apply the kid yet because is just 2 years old, not enough time in switzerland) or should I wait for my wife and apply as family?

If I am rejected for some reasons, this will create problems to my wife and my kids future applications?

I live in Dietikon, I don't know how difficult it is the process.

Many many big thx for everyone that would like to express his/her opinion on this!!!

I would love also to have a chat with someone that applied successfully in Dietikon
If it is important for you, don't wait 4 years. You can add your child with the consent of your wife.

Unless you don't fulfill the criteria, or you fail the interview/integration test, you are unlikely to get rejected. But you need to ensure you improve your language and prepare for the knowledge test. But it should not affect your wife's application.

I know Dietikon are "thorough" as they have a large foreign population..they may set their integration standard quite high and ask a lot of questions in the interview. But otherwise if you are well prepared you shouldn't have a problem. I think there maybe some Dietikon applicants here who can possibly assist, but I'm not one of them.
__________________
So sayeth the 'Speed
* I do look like my avatar
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1751  
Old 19.01.2023, 11:18
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 28
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
sssluka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
If it is important for you, don't wait 4 years. You can add your child with the consent of your wife.

Unless you don't fulfill the criteria, or you fail the interview/integration test, you are unlikely to get rejected. But you need to ensure you improve your language and prepare for the knowledge test. But it should not affect your wife's application.

I know Dietikon are "thorough" as they have a large foreign population..they may set their integration standard quite high and ask a lot of questions in the interview. But otherwise if you are well prepared you shouldn't have a problem. I think there maybe some Dietikon applicants here who can possibly assist, but I'm not one of them.
Thank you very much for your answer, if I got rejected I guess I cannot re-apply right?
Reply With Quote
  #1752  
Old 19.01.2023, 12:21
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Thank you very much for your answer, if I got rejected I guess I cannot re-apply right?
It would depend on the rejection reason, but usually you can re-apply if it is something like a serious traffic offence or social security dependence. Or if they feel your language skills are not great. Also in Dietikon, I think you only get two chances at the knowledge test (in German).

About the only reason you could be permanently rejected is being dishonest on your application.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1753  
Old 19.01.2023, 17:40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hausen am Albis, ZH
Posts: 388
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 631 Times in 250 Posts
Massa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Is anyone here in Kt ZH going through the digital application process? If so, can anyone give details to the experience? ie. how do you see the current status, notifications of actions, etc..

I am curious to see if it really is a big improvement over the paper process and/or the "user experience".
We're doing this right now & will submit this weekend. The plan was before Xmas but got distracted. Originally got forms under the old process but then the new system kicked in. Super easy to keep track of progress and what's needed. Very straightforward and great UX IMHO.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Massa for this useful post:
  #1754  
Old 19.01.2023, 17:58
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 14,001
Groaned at 111 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 21,898 Times in 9,607 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Thank you very much for your answer, if I got rejected I guess I cannot re-apply right?
If it is obvious you could not be naturalized, they will usually tell you to retract the application, fix the issue, and apply again once it is clear there is not longer any obvious hindrance.

But even if the proceeding continue and rejected at federal, canton, or commune level you still have the right to reapply.
Reply With Quote
  #1755  
Old 19.01.2023, 20:07
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Aargau
Posts: 750
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 965 Times in 374 Posts
logo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond reputelogo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Thank you very much for your answer, if I got rejected I guess I cannot re-apply right?
I know someone who did poorly in her interview because of her German.
They gave her a choice. Polish your German and re-interview in 06 months or they reject the application. She opted for the former. Did an intensive German immersion, reinterviewed and got the passport :-)
Reply With Quote
  #1756  
Old 20.01.2023, 11:22
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 28
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
sssluka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
It would depend on the rejection reason, but usually you can re-apply if it is something like a serious traffic offence or social security dependence. Or if they feel your language skills are not great. Also in Dietikon, I think you only get two chances at the knowledge test (in German).

About the only reason you could be permanently rejected is being dishonest on your application.
I hope that studying every day I can pass the knowledge exam, my only doubt is the interview but I hope I can make it

is there a thread in the forum that tell you what to study for the knowledge exam? Is there a school that can prepare you for Kanton Zurich?

sorry for the stupid questions if this was asked already 100 times
Reply With Quote
  #1757  
Old 20.01.2023, 11:50
LiquidPaper's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 1,074
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1,130 Times in 536 Posts
LiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
I hope that studying every day I can pass the knowledge exam, my only doubt is the interview but I hope I can make it

is there a thread in the forum that tell you what to study for the knowledge exam? Is there a school that can prepare you for Kanton Zurich?

sorry for the stupid questions if this was asked already 100 times

This thread is the most comprehensive resource I have yet to find: just read it from beginning to end.
I don't know what the situation is in Zurich, but in Basel the "Bürgergemeinde" (the community institution in charge of naturalization) offers courses; there is a shorter and longer version. We found it useful, but you do have to study the material you get on your own.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LiquidPaper for this useful post:
  #1758  
Old 20.01.2023, 13:17
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 39 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,788 Times in 1,583 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Is there a school that can prepare you for Kanton Zurich?
This is from Stadt Dietikon's website:

https://sprachschule.sal.ch/pruefung...ereitungskurs/
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #1759  
Old 20.01.2023, 16:12
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 14,001
Groaned at 111 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 21,898 Times in 9,607 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
is there a thread in the forum that tell you what to study for the knowledge exam?
I think I have linked in this thread multiple times to various resources.

You can find more at: Any book recommendations for Naturalisation Interviews

But for Zurich:
Question for the cantonal knowledge test
City of Zurich
City of Dübendorf

The material from the Cities Dübendorf and Zürich, also contains information about the federation and the canton. Further it gives you a guideline what you should know about your own commune.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #1760  
Old 23.01.2023, 10:40
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: ZH
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 20 Times in 5 Posts
gongi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Gemeinde: Furrtal Region
Kanton: Zurich

Dec 2021: Submitted the documents to Kanton Gemeindeamt
Dec 2021: Acknowledgment letter from Kanton Gemeindeamt, process will take 2 years
Jan 2022: Letter from Kanton Gemeindeamt, the case is forwarded to Gemeinde
Feb 2022: Email from Gemeinde, about the need to take the KDE and Grundkenntnisse test
June 2022: Took the KDE and Grundkenntnisse tests.
July 2022: KDE and Grundkenntnisse Test Passed, sent the certificates to Gemeinde
July 2022: Invite for Einbürgerungsgespräch in August
Aug 2022: Einbürgerungsgespräch done
Aug 2022: Letter from Gemeinde: Gemeinde Bürgerrecht granted, case forwarded to Kanton ZH
Sept 2022: Letter from Kanton Gemeindeamt: Case received. Lot of applications, case will be looked up after 3 months
Nov 2022: Letter from Kanton Gemeindeamt: Grant of Kanton Bürgerrecht. Bill of CHF 1000.
Dec 2022: SEM Bill

Waiting next mile stone: Silver Letter --> Golden Letter.

May be it will be Easter Gift
Update:
Jan 2023: Letter from Kanton Gemeindeamt: SEM Approved: Issued Silver Letter: Lot of applications: Wait for 6 months
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank gongi for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
black box, citizenship, golden letter, passport, patience




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fukushima Diary Guest International affairs/politics 15 16.03.2016 16:31
Question regarding Submitting Naturalisation Application and New Naturalisation Law ldfire10035 Permits/visas/government 12 14.06.2013 15:41
On line diary telandy Other/general 4 28.12.2012 11:34
Dependent visa for L card applicant/holder Guest Permits/visas/government 6 24.07.2007 12:09
Funny: Yale applicant for banking.... Lob General off-topic 19 13.10.2006 11:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0