Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23.10.2006, 18:24
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rusman has no particular reputation at present
Lost In Space [IT Consultancy]

I am a newbee so please forgive my lack of knowledge of Swiss system.

I am looking for some guidance in terms of taxation, deductions and work laws for independent consultant.

The short story is that I am a US citizen but my wife has an EU B permit. I have an offer by employer in Lausanne to work as an independent consultant.

I have 20 years of IT and management experience what could be a ball park for IT consultancy rates in Lausanne

I can benefit from my spouse "B" permit, and in addition to mandatory health insurance, what other deductions (unemployment, pillars etc) will I encounter

In US a consultant could work and bill directly to the client as independent consultant. Is it possible do so the same in Switzerland. Or do I have to bill through a GMBH company and what are their usual (take) rates.

For example 16000 CHF / month what could be a net take home pay with various deductions.

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks for much a great space!! msweet Introductions 3 08.10.2006 12:37
Lost Number Plate swissbob Transportation/driving 7 11.04.2006 18:35

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0