Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06.12.2013, 22:19
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Konolfingen
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
limimi has no particular reputation at present
Canton change,old permit expired, new permit under process, return visa?

Hi all,

Maybe this is a frequently asked question..but I got really confused when I checked relevant threads

I graduated at end Sept, and I asked for the 'postgraduate stay' permit for job seeking at CH, as a non EU. For some reasons I changed canton from Lausanne to Bern. It has been 1.5 months now. This week I went to immigration office at Bern and they said they were waiting for some documents from Lausanne, so they could not say when my permit would be ready. Now my old permit has expired (on 31 Oct).

Today I just received a job interview in which they invited me to another Schengen country for a on-site interview. I dont know if I can apply for a return visa to go there, even when my old permit is not valid any more? And should I go back to lausanne to ask for this as my registration at Bern has not been done??
Anyone knows this issue please help.. thanks!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change of city while permit is in process happyrobbie Permits/visas/government 10 21.10.2013 17:23
WP request in process, student permit expiring & Canton change. How to handle it? Rulo ruleta Permits/visas/government 0 12.10.2012 11:46
change of address while permit in process chandler Permits/visas/government 16 03.11.2010 12:42
Query about Return visa (waiting for a new permit after changing cantons) kaustavghose Permits/visas/government 16 29.08.2009 01:55
Work Permit B still under process and want to travel outside Swiss mitucool Permits/visas/government 18 07.07.2009 11:32

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0