Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21.12.2013, 19:27
Tantawi's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 70
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 67 Times in 19 Posts
Tantawi is considered knowledgeableTantawi is considered knowledgeableTantawi is considered knowledgeable
Registration form non-EU, 2 quick question


So I'm moving from Egypt to Zug for employment in January. I'm still not physically there but I already got a room ready for me once there.

Now I'm filling the A2 registration form (this one) and I have these two questions:

1- It asks for the name of health insurance. I don't currently have and probably won't have for a few days after my arrival. Can I submit the form and send in the health insurance details later? Or can I even sing up for insurance while not physically there? I'm afraid I'll miss the 14 days time-frame until I get the insurance sorted out.

2- It's asking for "Persons living in the same household". I assume since I'm the only one moving (my family will stay home out of Switzerland for the moment), I don't need to fill that one, right?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
Old 21.12.2013, 20:13
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,942
Groaned at 449 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 18,082 Times in 10,090 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Registration form non-EU, 2 quick question

Yes you can let them know the health insurance details later. You have 3 months to sort it out, but be advised to do it fairly soon after you arrive as it will be backdated to the 1st day of the month you registered at the commune/gemeinde in any case so there's really no point in waiting. If you don't do it in the timescale then the commune/gemeinde will put you on their default insurance company which may not be the best one for you. You can't get it beforehand because they'll need to see your permit. Have a look here: www.comparis.ch and you can compare insurance companies.

No, if you're on your own you don't need to add any family members.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First registration for permit in Geneva NON-EU Dest.Swiss Permits/visas/government 3 22.04.2013 15:17
Permit B form for non-EU oferco Permits/visas/government 23 03.02.2013 18:59
Working Conditions/Registration for Non-EU Medical graduate one4fun Employment 14 09.05.2012 14:19
Question about job finding for non-EU spouse of EU citizen happyrobbie Employment 4 25.04.2012 15:56
EU+non-EU spouse (living non-EU) permit question kosh Permits/visas/government 27 20.02.2008 09:05

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0