Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22.04.2014, 22:06
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bāle
Posts: 258
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Ashish is considered unworthyAshish is considered unworthyAshish is considered unworthy
Long-term resident EC residence permit (Non-EU Residents)

Hi EF Members,

I read that people non-EU residents may be eligible for EU wide residency permit, if they live in a EU state for at least 5 years. I assume that this means the possibility to work also, without having to go through the work permit process.

From what I read, this directive doesn't apply to following countries - Great Britain, Denmark and Norway. I didn't find any information, if this applies to non-EU residents living in Switzerland for more than 5 years.

Thanks in advance for an answer


<quote>The 2003 Directive on the status of non-EU nationals who are long-term residents states that the status of long-term resident should be awarded after a person has lived legally in an EU State for an uninterrupted period of five years. This is however dependent upon the person having a stable and regular source of income, health insurance and, when required by the EU State, having complied with integration measures .. <unquote>

Reply With Quote

ec residence permit

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving to Switzerland (Non-EU) with boyfriend (EU) holding permanent resident permit ExpatSwede Permits/visas/government 19 26.02.2017 21:24
Swiss work permit with long-term EU residence permit kerby2012 Permits/visas/government 4 07.11.2013 15:38
Non-EU, B-Permit (Long term) - Multiple jobs? DPMP Permits/visas/government 5 17.08.2012 14:39
B-EC permit for UK citizen and non-EU wife sholay Permits/visas/government 19 06.12.2010 18:45
Swiss permit for EU Resident (non EU passport) capenomad Permits/visas/government 3 23.01.2009 18:23

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0