Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23.07.2014, 15:33
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
lemonpledge has no particular reputation at present
EU Member with Swiss Partner (not married) Residence Permit

Hi everyone

My boyfriend and I have been lurking around for a while trying to find information about his move to Switzerland and everything that goes with it.

We've found a lot of helpful information however not the exact answer to our situation and I'd like to share it, maybe it's useful for other members too:

As my boyfriend wasn't working just after he arrived we applied for a dependent permit and stating the reason "Verbleib beim Partner" (living with partner). This was done at the Kreisbüro and required the following documents:

- Passports / ID / Other official documents
- Last three payslips to show foreign partner can be supported
- Letter stating relationship, duration, guarantee to support partner
- Fee of approx. 80 CHF
- Photos

The person at the Kreisbüro filed our application and within 3 weeks we received an official form from the Migrationsamt which asked me to sign and thereby guaranteeing to support my partner for the next 5 years financially so he wouldn't become dependent on Switzerland.
The Kreisbüro issues a confirmation letter that the person is signed up which can be used to open bank accounts etc until the permit arrives.

Shortly after we received a "Aufenthaltsbewilligung B - ohne Erwerbstätigkeit" (without gainful employment but with the right to work) valid for 5 years.

The process was quite easy once we knew which documents to take and what to write in the letter. Someone at the Migrationsamt told us to write this letter and to explain our relationship to avoid too many questions as to why we're not married (yet).

However, once my bf found a job we've had to go back to the Kreisbüro and instead of just changing the permit to "B-erwebstätig" (in employment) we've had to apply for a new permit (another CHF 65.-).

As this job contract is only temporary for less than a year we do now expect to receive an L permit.

Note from the Kreisbüro:
Once this contract runs out he either has to provide a new contract and re-apply for a permit (L or B depending on duration) or if he doesn't we have to apply for the dependent permit again and resend all the documents listed above once more.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank lemonpledge for this useful post:

b permit, dependent, gainful employment, ohne erwerbstätigkeit

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swiss work permit with long-term EU residence permit kerby2012 Permits/visas/government 4 07.11.2013 15:38
non-eu member, married to swiss for 3 yars, when will i get my c permit iranian Permits/visas/government 6 23.12.2011 19:17
Work permit for Non-EU member married to EU member honeybun Permits/visas/government 2 17.03.2008 18:05
non EU married to EU with no prior residence in the EU aureliebg Permits/visas/government 3 22.09.2007 12:22
Not married - residence / work permit... Desumacchi Permits/visas/government 1 21.04.2007 00:20

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0