English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   Change of address to Bern Canton (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/231015-change-address-bern-canton.html)

Swanny 01.04.2015 09:29

Change of address to Bern Canton
Hi there

I need to move to Bern Canton as I have lost my job in Basel and have a place in Wengen where I will now live. My company did all the registration when I arrived and I have no idea how I go about changing my address in Switzerland. Any help would be welcomed.

5280 03.04.2015 12:18

Re: Change of address to Bern Canton
First you need to deregister in the place you are leaving (complete a abmeldebescheinigung) and then register in the place you are moving to. If your new residence is within the city of Bern itself you'll go to the Einwohnerdienste, Migration und Fremdenpolizei (EMF); http://bern.ch

Otherwise you'll find the information in the website of your new Gemeinde.

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0