Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13.04.2015, 10:36
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
schwiizerschwitze has no particular reputation at present
Permit C after 5 years of paid research/PhD?

Section says normally Canadians and Americans need to work 5 years to receive a Permit C and that excludes things of a temporary nature such as a education, training courses etc. But then Section also states something along the line of a paid PhD / post-doc counting and that they are not penalized with respect to traditional employment.

Just curious, if after doing 5 years of paid PhD research and/or a post-doc, can Canadians/Americans receive the Permit C because they are not "penalized with respect to other foreign workers". Just wondering if the clock will be reset for a Permit C to 5 more years, if I complete a paid PhD and then only get a Permit L due to the quotas, following completion of the degree.



Section states:

PhD students and postdocs with an employment contract (covering more than fifteen hours per week) are considered employees within the meaning of Community law. If at the end of their scientific activity, they take up employment as mentioned above and on a professional level, there is no reason to penalize them in relation to other workers foreigners who have worked in Switzerland for the same length of time.

Original German:
Doktoranden und Postdoktoranden mit Arbeitsvertrag (über fünfzehn Wochenstunden) sind als Arbeitskräfte im Sinne des Gemeinschaftsrechts zu betrachten.
Wenn sie nun nach Beendigung der wissenschaftlichen Tätigkeit eine Stelle im
Arbeitsmarkt antreten und somit beruflich integriert sind, sollten sie nicht schlechter gestellt werden als andere ausländische Arbeitnehmer, die während gleicher Dauer hier gearbeitet haben.
Reply With Quote

permit b, permit c, phd, researcher

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Years doing MSc/PhD - do they count towards C Permit? nphrk Permits/visas/government 4 20.09.2012 17:53
C permit after a PhD cassiusdali Permits/visas/government 4 15.09.2011 15:43
B Permit - rules after 5 years of stay amit711 Permits/visas/government 15 06.04.2010 07:36
C Permit after 5 years of being in Switzerland or since being on a B permit? digg Permits/visas/government 49 30.03.2009 17:43

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0