English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   Facilitated naturalization (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/231911-facilitated-naturalization.html)

toasttravel 17.04.2015 06:01

Facilitated naturalization
Hi everybody.
I am new to this forum and this is my first question. I assume millions of other people have asked these questions, but I hope you don't mind me asking again.

I am married for 12 years to my Swiss husband and lived together all those years. We never lived in Switzerland except the time we were visiting the relatives or registering our marriage in Switzerland. We have two lovely kids and both of them have Swiss passport. We are currently living in Australia and we all have New Zealand citizenship. We have been thinking of going to live in Switzerland. I understand it would be better for me to have a Swiss citizenship. It seems it will be through Facilitated Naturalization. I don't speak German, French, Italian or Romansh. The Swiss embassy has told us they will interview me if they are satisfied with the paper work. They prefer to interview in one of the official languages of Switzerland however they would do it in English if I am unable to do it in any other languages. I am little bit nervous about the interview. Has anybody here have some experiences on that? They mentioned about "tie to Switzerland". We have friends and immediate family members. We have a bank account and in the last 12 years, I have visited 4 times. Are these enough? If I don't speak one of the official languages, would this be hold against me? Thanks

Medea Fleecestealer 17.04.2015 09:18

Re: Facilitated naturalization
No, the language shouldn't be an issue. Only they can decide if your ties are close enough.

Why would it be better for you to have citizenship though? New Zealanders can come and live/work here with prior approval from the Swiss authorities and you don't even need to apply for an entry visa.

"Nationals of the following states do not require a visa to enter Switzerland under any circumstances: Brunei, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore.

However, the competent Swiss authority will issue a prior authorisation of a residence permit in the following cases:

a) for a stay of more than 90 days, or

b) a stay involving gainful employment:

lasting more than eight days, or

from the first day of work in the primary or auxiliary construction sectors, the hospitality sector, industrial or private cleaning services, surveillance and security services, itinerant sales and services or erotic services.

This prior authorisation of a residence permit is issued directly to the foreign national, or to a third party (employer), by the cantonal migration authority. The Swiss diplomatic or consular mission is not involved in this procedure."

Just contact the cantonal migration office where you plan to live and they'll tell you how to apply for the pre-approval of a residence permit.

Of course if you want to get Swiss nationality then go ahead with the application, but it's not going to be necessary for you to be able to move here.

Island Monkey 17.04.2015 14:39

Re: Facilitated naturalization
How long until you plan to move to Switzerland? Naturalisation isn't quick, it takes several years. If you plan to move sooner than that, I'd wait until you get here to apply.

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0