Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14.05.2015, 07:26
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
topsy has no particular reputation at present
Question about French visas (after stay in CH)

I can't seem to find an active French counterpart of this board - if anyone knows of one, that'd be great.

If not, I'm trying to figure out if my partner - a US citizen - can stay with me as a tourist in Switzerland for the summer and then move to France where he'll be a student in the fall.

Specifically, he has a form that says the following:
“If you are transiting through another Schengen state, the stamp must be obtained from the relevant authorities in the country of transit. In this case it is understood that you will enter France no later than five days after this date of entry.”

We're trying to decipher what this means. Does he have to go back to the US? He was planning to stay for a couple of months with me in CH.
Reply With Quote
Old 14.05.2015, 07:48
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 5,630
Groaned at 95 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,814 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question about French visas (after stay in CH)

Well theoretically he could stay in Switzerland as a tourist, leave to the UK which can is outside schengen and then enter France from the UK..... BUT he'll need his D visa and that is issued in the embassy in the U.S. Not long before his course starts, so yes he'll have to go back to the U.S. As he needs that visa in his passport!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question - Permits for 6 Month stay in CH as a currency trader elfgoose Permits/visas/government 1 15.10.2014 15:08
A question about bureocracy in CH... RomandieFan Daily life 8 30.03.2013 20:14
question about salaries in UK cf CH balloon Employment 66 03.02.2011 23:48
French marrying in Switzerland: question about french documents to provide Rontary Permits/visas/government 10 26.05.2010 10:24

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0