Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11.07.2015, 12:11
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MsZizelle has no particular reputation at present
Fiancee visa (non EU) - questions

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help on this subject.

Has anyone from a non-EU country had a recent experience with the fiancee visa process in Zurich?

Both me and my partner studied in Switzerland, upon which he got a job in Zurich and has been working there for a year now on a L permit.

As for me, my student visa expired end of last year and then I used up the 90 tourist days and came back to my home country in March. Now I have the tourist days all over again, but I would like to use them in the period of waiting for the fiancee visa.

Has anyone got some advice?

I guess I should apply in the embassy of my home country, but where should my partner go to ask for info and start the process - the Gemeinde or the Immigration office?

What documents do we need to provide? Do we have to set up a marriage date in advance before applying for the visa?

If I understood correctly, there is a 6-month time frame for us to organize the wedding? I guess the most important question right now is, if I get the fiancee visa and within that time frame, is it an option to get married in our home country or does it have to take place in Switzerland?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote
Old 12.07.2015, 15:28
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 16,948
Groaned at 279 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 12,474 Times in 7,144 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fiancee visa (non EU) - questions

He starts at the gemeinde, you start at the embassy.

If you apply to marry here then that's what you should do. I don't know if changing after you've got permission to marry here would cause problems when it comes to getting you into the country later.

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-EU applying for a student visa - many questions topsy Permits/visas/government 11 16.04.2015 20:46
Fiancee Visa, Can someone help me how Switzerland process fiancee visa? rogerandfem Permits/visas/government 17 07.10.2013 16:32
Non EU (Australian) visa questions d-bizzie Permits/visas/government 3 18.05.2012 07:23
Fiancee permit (seeking information non-EU fiancee) MattJJ28 Permits/visas/government 19 19.10.2011 17:09
Visa questions [Non-EU, dependent parent] phillyneil Permits/visas/government 5 31.08.2009 12:26

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0