Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25.07.2015, 09:41
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yezi99 has no particular reputation at present
Early C Permit benefits?

I would like to know the benefits of Early C Permit.

I see Non-EU can apply after certain number of years in Switzerland. And I see some people are already on it.

I can't find the benefits or the reasons doing so. After all, I understand it takes 10 years for Non EU to apply for Permit C.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Old 25.07.2015, 12:54
LiquidPaper's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 400
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 311 Times in 131 Posts
LiquidPaper has earned the respect of manyLiquidPaper has earned the respect of manyLiquidPaper has earned the respect of many
Re: Early C Permit benefits?

For a non-EU person, there actually are large differences between a B permit and a C permit, which is not the case for an EU B and C permit. Just a few benefits of going from a B to a C for a non-EU person:

If you have a family and both you and your spouse are working, on a C permit you are equal. On a B permit, what often happens is that one spouse is the B permit holder and the other one is a dependent, so in case the primary holder loses their job, the dependent is not guaranteed continued authorization of stay in Switzerland and employment (switch to primary permit holder). This may result in the family having to move despite one spouse still having a job, if their employer cannot get them an independent permit (cannot prove there are no qualified EU people who can do the job).

You can definitely have unemployment benefits for the full period of entitlement and not just until your one year B permit expires and then hope that the authorities will accept RAV as your "new employer".

Provided the family has sufficient funds, you are not required to work full-time or, indeed, not at all.

You can buy property for any reason; you can rent it out, not just live there. This gives you more flexibility.

Then again, if you are single, your job is assured, and you don't plan to buy property or stay in Switzerland long term, you might not want to bother with applying for a C permit.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unemployment benefits, B permit expired theworldtraveller Introductions 8 05.08.2016 19:37
Unemployment benefits without permit? Aramas.Parisian Employment 3 06.05.2012 16:35
student permit B question: if I graduate early, can I keep my permit? rbrtanderson Permits/visas/government 8 19.05.2011 13:47
Unemployement benefits-Closed B permit goforit Permits/visas/government 1 20.12.2010 17:04
L Permit - unemployment benefits? OZHK Permits/visas/government 9 03.12.2010 19:41

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0