5 months and waiting and still no B permit in sight
I was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to the one that my husband and I have found ourselves in. The company which my husband works for wished to keep him on and as our L permit was going to expire, they applied for a B permit on his behalf. While I am a EU citizen, my husband is not. This happened in February (incidentally, also the month in which the L permit expired) and since then we've been waiting but our B permit has still not come through. It's been almost six months. As a non working spouse (finding a job in Switzerland has been really hard but that's another story) I've found every month after month 2 emotionally draining. It is so hard living like this, not knowing whether I am going to be here from one week to the next. Making plans for our son's education has been hard and in places like hospitals where they have wanted to see our permit alongside our insurance, we've had a lot of explaining to do. It really feels like we are being penalised. In the meantime, my husband has continued going to work, making lots of money for somebody else (ha!) but seeing very little of it in his own stead! Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?