Non-EU, Swiss gradute, 6months job seek permit expired, waiting for a work permit
I'm non-EU (Thailand) with a Swiss university degree. My story and timeline in short.
- 17 February, I received a master degree from Lugano.
- 19 February, I applied for a 6-month job seek permit in Ticino.
- 31 July, I found a job and signed a contract with a company in Lausanne.
- 5 August, the company applied a work permit.
- 14 August, I was at Service de l'emploi, Lausanne asking if I am allowed to remain in Switzerland while waiting for a work permit. They said I can and I should communicate this info with Ticino.
- 17 August, I was in Ticino showing them a document that my work permit is is pending in Vaud. Since my 6-month permit ended on 17 August. They asked me to make a departure from Ticino to Vaud (I don't even have an address in Lausanne and they just allowed me to put the company address). It seemed that Ticino didn't want to handle my case and pushed me to Vaud.
I'm now still in Switzerland and waiting for a work permit. But it seems that I don't have any status here as everything is pending. I recently wrote email to Service de l'emploi and Service de la population in Lausanne to ask if they can give me any clear detail and written document about my case but I've not received any feedbacks yet. I tried calling them but the line was always busy.
Anyone has experience on this? any suggestions ?
I would be very grateful for your input.
I don't mind waiting for a work permit abroad but I'm worried what would happen to me now...as it seems that I'm already overstayed ?
I will marry my girlfriend (Swiss) at the end of this year. We both would like to live together in Switzerland. That's why I am even more concerned about my current status. I don't want to break any rule that might makes any issue in the future (especially a ban of entry the country).