Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11.10.2015, 15:25
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SG
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kris koms has no particular reputation at present
Non-EU Swiss Grad question

Hi all

I am currently in the last phase of my Masters program, i.e. writing thesis to submit it next month, but at the same time I live in UK and do internship here. I know that as a Swiss Uni grad I should have a nice advantage when applying for work permit, however the fact that now I am in UK and in the same time continue to hold Swiss residence permit( I have an address back there, pay insurance, etc ) is sort of a grey area and perhaps someone has already such experience and could share that - will this fact be available to authorities when I apply for swiss permit and if so would it mean a rejection for permit automatically?
Reply With Quote
Old 12.10.2015, 17:02
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 15,640
Groaned at 240 Times in 177 Posts
Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,523 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Swiss Grad question

How long have you been out of Switzerland? Because most B permits automatically become invalid if you're out for more than 6 months straight. Don't know if that would apply to a student B or not though.

If you're not job hunting in Switzerland - which is what your new permit would be effectively - then they aren't likely to give you one I wouldn't think. As a non-EU if you don't get a job here then you can't stay.
Reply With Quote
Old 15.10.2015, 19:31
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 27
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice.32 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Swiss Grad question

Do you have the option of applying for another Masters in Switzerland?
That would allow your permit to be extended and you can search for a job side by side.

Or you if you have a Swiss girlfriend/boyfriend you could just get married.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non EU fresh grad, boyfriend is EU with job offer in Zurich, work permit likelihood? kobolobo Permits/visas/government 3 13.07.2015 16:48
Renting a Car with Non Swiss/Non EU License rajiv1982 Transportation/driving 7 23.02.2015 10:49
Question about job finding for non-EU spouse of EU citizen happyrobbie Employment 4 25.04.2012 15:56
Spouse of Grad Student (non EU) Visa/residencey/work etc ChangedByAMod038 Permits/visas/government 1 14.05.2010 19:22
EU+non-EU spouse (living non-EU) permit question kosh Permits/visas/government 27 20.02.2008 09:05

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:12.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0