Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05.05.2016, 19:17
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 27
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
AmbientLight has no particular reputation at present
non-EU B to open B after canton change?

Situation: non-EU on "Befristet" (renewable every 12 mo) work B permit in ZH after 4 years on open contract, i.e. job change is a subject to separate authorization.

Recently got an offer from other canton, AWA from the new canton informed over the phone / email that "no problem", and job change is possible. Moreover, before the prolongation of the residence permit, no further approval from AWA will be required, just an information about employment to be submitted to gemeinde.

All sounds great, however, no official letters from AWA received yet, hence few questions:
- Does it mean that effectively permit becomes "open" after the job change?
- What are possible limitations / side effects of this?
- Should it be double checked with Migrationsamt just in case?
- Since canton of residence doesn't change, I understood that I still can apply to early C permit (non EU, VINTA) next year?

Last edited by AmbientLight; 05.05.2016 at 19:27. Reason: Additional info
Reply With Quote
Old 09.05.2016, 22:46
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 81
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Ch108 has no particular reputation at present
Re: non-EU B to open B after canton change?

My suggestion is the following.

Ask the new company to apply for work permit (in this case, it will be approval / permission for the change of the company - Bewilligung für Stellenwechsel).

And also tell the new company that you cannot just resign from your current company before this 'Bewilligung' arrives.

The 1st verbal / telephone response from the AWA is always quick, as if its daily business. But the pain starts after the processing begins (initiated by the new company).

For me it took 6 weeks. The HR told me that it took 3 iterations (1. application - 2. request for justification of employing a non EU citizen -3. more detail clarification regarding 2.). The company had to provide detail explanation about why they can't find somebody for the same skill in CH & EU.

So, you can already tell the HR of the new company that the process may be painful as you are from a non EU country and they should already start preparing the clarification / justification.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ch108 for this useful post:
Old 19.04.2020, 03:14
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eswar has no particular reputation at present
Re: non-EU B to open B after canton change?

@Ch108: May I know how much time it took after providing 3. Detail clarification??
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non EU - B Permit - Formalities to change Canton of Residence? Myth Permits/visas/government 19 18.04.2013 14:17
Non EU and Non American : Language requirement for C Permit after 10 years ZH Canton shrineha Permits/visas/government 19 01.02.2013 22:54
Recently granted non-EU B student permit (change of canton) - taking questions WheatKing1981 Permits/visas/government 5 03.11.2011 13:03
Non-EU B permit - change of canton and employer Mindset Permits/visas/government 2 11.05.2011 15:19
Change resident canton (non-EU) Volpone Permits/visas/government 4 11.12.2006 08:06

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0