Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.05.2017, 19:49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 280
Groaned at 30 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
unbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthy
My work permit extention form not come yet

I got my master degree in switzerland and after graduation i got my L work and it started 28.07.2016. As I know, the extention form comes 3 months before the expring permit but i have not anything yet. In November, i moved another flat in the same canton (Bern) and i sent a letter (my flat contract) because an employee from migration office told me that i can send a letter instead of coming there..

So i am thinking that maybe something happened and my letter not arrived.. Actually I have also a driver licence and i got letters from verkehrsamt bern and maybe this migrartion office has my current address.

This is my first year with L and maybe procedure is different. (before I had B because i was a student). As I know, no letter also came to the company where I work..

In this case, what should i do? Should i go to the migration office or talk to my boss to apply again work permit or what else?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.05.2017, 19:57
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,370
Groaned at 349 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 12,372 Times in 5,951 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

Quote:
View Post
I got my master degree in switzerland and after graduation i got my L work and it started 28.07.2016. As I know, the extention form comes 3 months before the expring permit but i have not anything yet. In November, i moved another flat in the same canton (Bern) and i sent a letter (my flat contract) because an employee from migration office told me that i can send a letter instead of coming there..

So i am thinking that maybe something happened and my letter not arrived.. Actually I have also a driver licence and i got letters from verkehrsamt bern and maybe this migrartion office has my current address.

This is my first year with L and maybe procedure is different. (before I had B because i was a student). As I know, no letter also came to the company where I work..

In this case, what should i do? Should i go to the migration office or talk to my boss to apply again work permit or what else?

Thank you
You should have gone to the townhall/Migrationsamt and changed your address there. Most likely the letter for the extension was sent to the old address.

Every time I moved I got a new piece of paper for the permit with the current address.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 26.05.2017, 20:02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 280
Groaned at 30 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
unbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthy
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

Thank you for your answer, then i will go there on monday... for the second year extention of L permit, does my company has to apply for work permit to Gebührentarif des Amtes für Berner Wirtschaf (beco)? or only contract is enough to extent my work permit?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27.05.2017, 18:12
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 21,475
Groaned at 371 Times in 286 Posts
Thanked 16,282 Times in 9,243 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

I think your company has to do it again.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 28.05.2017, 10:11
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sion/VS, Fribourg/FR, Bern/BE
Posts: 966
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 513 Times in 259 Posts
happyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputation
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

Quote:
View Post
I got my master degree in switzerland and after graduation i got my L work and it started 28.07.2016. As I know, the extention form comes 3 months before the expring permit but i have not anything yet. In November, i moved another flat in the same canton (Bern) and i sent a letter (my flat contract) because an employee from migration office told me that i can send a letter instead of coming there..

So i am thinking that maybe something happened and my letter not arrived.. Actually I have also a driver licence and i got letters from verkehrsamt bern and maybe this migrartion office has my current address.

This is my first year with L and maybe procedure is different. (before I had B because i was a student). As I know, no letter also came to the company where I work..

In this case, what should i do? Should i go to the migration office or talk to my boss to apply again work permit or what else?

Thank you
3 months is the earlist limit allowed to do the extension in the legal sense, and in real cases the authorities rarely send out the extension letter that early. As an example, in canton VS, the commune sends out the extension letter automatically 4-5 weeks before the expiration date.

So it is totally normal that you have not received yet the letter, because it is too early (your permit is until 28 July). But if you have some special concern (e.g. international travel during the normal renewal period), you could go to your commune and see if the renewal process can be done from now.

For your last question: you should first talk with you commune. Your employer cannot do anything without the permit extension letter sent out from your commune.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank happyrobbie for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 28.05.2017, 15:00
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 280
Groaned at 30 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
unbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthy
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

Thank you for your replies I lived in Fribourg and Bern and always i got my extension letters 3 months before the expiration date. 4-5 weeks could not be enough.Actually I need to do it ASAP because of other things.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28.05.2017, 20:51
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sion/VS, Fribourg/FR, Bern/BE
Posts: 966
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 513 Times in 259 Posts
happyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputationhappyrobbie has an excellent reputation
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for your replies I lived in Fribourg and Bern and always i got my extension letters 3 months before the expiration date. 4-5 weeks could not be enough.Actually I need to do it ASAP because of other things.
I have colleagues in Berne and they typically receive renewal letters 1 month before the expiration date.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31.05.2017, 14:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 280
Groaned at 30 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
unbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthyunbalanced is considered unworthy
Re: My work permit extention form not come yet

hello again,

today i was in the migration office. She said, this letter comes 2 months before expiration date. But she said also you have a L permit so we are not going to send you a letter. Your employee has to apply to BECO and after that we will send you an invation letter in order to take the permit.


Thanks for all attentions here
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank unbalanced for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[non EU] My work permit was denied due to not having a degree. Anything I can do? johnnybp Permits/visas/government 34 29.09.2016 10:25
Prolongation form [permit extension] doesn't come Eugenereg Permits/visas/government 6 15.03.2015 12:06
Work permit (on paper), but no residence permit yet rettav Permits/visas/government 9 19.01.2014 16:48
Permit not arrived yet :( Shanzao Permits/visas/government 2 14.09.2011 17:58
Work Permit Extention & Dependant Visa query a.avasthi Permits/visas/government 2 08.07.2009 19:37


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0