Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02.06.2017, 15:23
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nukles has no particular reputation at present
Is "C" Permit linked to living or working in CH?

A colleague of mine is confronted with a very interesting situation that made me wonder.

He is Austrian, has a "C" Permit and may be offered a job in Munich, leaving his actual workplace of Zurich. The new company would pay for the rent in Munich, leaving him enough money to still keep his family, also on a "C" Permit, in an inexpensive rent in St. Gallen.

If he accepts the job, and works there during the week but comes back to St. Gallen only on weekends, will he still be able to keep the "C" Permit? Will he still be able to qualify for Swiss Residency after 10 years?

Because if the "C" Permit was linked to working for a company based in Switzerland, he would lose that. Yes if that was linked to living in Switzerland or at least going back to Switzerland at least once every two years (as is the condition to keep the "C" Permit), he would not.

What does the law say about it?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nukles for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this is a meaningful "offer" to live on in CH ? angel84 Employment 10 13.07.2017 23:10
How to tell if I'm on a "restricted" or "open" B permit? gettingitchy Permits/visas/government 18 05.02.2017 12:51
"Living and Working in Zurich" at the Town Hall IanSmithUK Other/general 2 10.06.2011 01:41
"I'm working in CH and want my partner to stay with me longer than 90 days" (new-EU) fl0werstar Permits/visas/government 14 14.06.2010 13:24

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0