Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:05
Vlh22's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK, formerly Vaud
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,983 Times in 642 Posts
Vlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond repute
UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

I'm currently in the process of applying for a DBS check (formerly a CRB check) here in the UK so that I can volunteer at my local school.

I successfully applied for a DBS check with another organisation shortly after moving back to the UK last April, and got the check through with no issues.

This time, the county council have contacted the school and told them that as I have lived overseas in the last 5 years I need to get a "certificate of good conduct" from Switzerland.

The UK government website has the following information:

Quote:
Switzerland Criminal Records Extract / Stafregisterauszug
Who can apply?
• Any Swiss citizen can apply.
• Third party representatives can apply.
• Prospective UK employers cannot apply, but can arrange to have the Extract sent directly to them.
Where?
• Local applicants can apply online to the Swiss Criminal Records Register, or in person at their local post office.
• Overseas applicants are advised to apply online, and notarise document at Swiss Federal Chancellery before passing onto prospective employer.
What must the applicant supply?
Federal Office of Justice, Switzerland: https://www.e-service.admin.ch/crex/...rafregister_en
Online applicants:
• Completed online application form
• Copy of passport
• Receipt of payment (only when paying by deposit slip)
• Posting address (if third party requires written consent)
The application form must be printed and sent with the accompanying documents to the Swiss Criminal Records Register in Bern.
Applicants in person:
• Complete form on electronic system
• Proof of identity (passport or ID card)
• Posting address (if third party, requires written consent)
What are the costs / turnaround times?
• Fee of CHF20.00 (approx. £16)
• Notarisation fee of CHF 20.00 (approx. £16)
Contact Details
Online application: https://www.e-service.admin.ch/crex/...rafregister_en (English)
E-mail: info@bj.admin.ch
All documents must be sent to:
Schweizerisches Strafregister Dienst für Auszüge an Privatpersonen
Bundesrain 20
CH-3003 Berne
Switzerland
Tel: (+41) 31 325 01 98
Swiss Embassy
16-18 Montague Place
London
W1H 2BQ
Tel: 020 7616 6000
Fax: 020 7724 7001
E-mail: swissembassy@lon.rep.admin.ch
The information on this country was last updated on: 25 July 2016
This doesn't make sense. I need to apply online and then send the document to Switzerland to be notarised? That seems to be ridiculous.

Has anyone gone through this process having moved back to the UK and can they advise me?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:15
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

Hello - perhaps best to contact the social worker you last worked with in CH.

Good on you for volunteering with the local school. x
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:18
Vlh22's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK, formerly Vaud
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,983 Times in 642 Posts
Vlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

OK, having checked out the Swiss website it's much simpler than the UK government make it out to be... phew!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Vlh22 for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:19
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

Quote:
View Post
I'm currently in the process of applying for a DBS check (formerly a CRB check) here in the UK so that I can volunteer at my local school.

I successfully applied for a DBS check with another organisation shortly after moving back to the UK last April, and got the check through with no issues.

This time, the county council have contacted the school and told them that as I have lived overseas in the last 5 years I need to get a "certificate of good conduct" from Switzerland.

The UK government website has the following information:



This doesn't make sense. I need to apply online and then send the document to Switzerland to be notarised? That seems to be ridiculous.

Has anyone gone through this process having moved back to the UK and can they advise me?
Swiss Criminal record checks can be made online giving your UK address, payment by credit card. It's in multiple languages including English.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

Bonne chance x
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:21
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,293
Groaned at 241 Times in 202 Posts
Thanked 22,247 Times in 9,088 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

Quote:
View Post
OK, having checked out the Swiss website it's much simpler than the UK government make it out to be... phew!
It is actually really easy to get if you just want the simple one.
If you require the 'special' one it becomes a little bit more complicated.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:30
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,778
Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

It is easier than you think. Nearly all can be done online, even requsting the needed apostille.

What you have to send by mail is the physical signed application form and copy of the passport (I suggest to get a verified copy, it does not say you need but better safe than sorry). You can pay with credit card.

If by any chance you have a so called SuisseID than all can be done purely online and no need to send anything by mail.

In return, you either get by mail your extract (with apostile if requested) or by e-mail the link to the digital version.

See also FAQ:
https://www.e-service.admin.ch/crex/...nt/faq/privat/

Questions you have to get answers to:

Do you need the to hand in the extract to the school or the commune?
Does it have to be sent directly to the recipient or can you give it to them?
(If it has to be sent to an other address than you r own you must explicitely give consent to this.)
Do they need the full extract or the special exctract?
(If you need the special extract, than you will also need a special signed appication form from the employer)
Are they happy with a electronic extract or does it need to be on paper?
Do you need an apostille (only possible on paper) or not?
__________________
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26.07.2017, 17:41
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK DBS check and CH "Certificate of good conduct"

Quote:
View Post
It is easier than you think. Nearly all can be done online, even requsting the needed apostille.

What you have to send by mail is the physical signed application form and copy of the passport (I suggest to get a verified copy, it does not say you need but better safe than sorry). You can pay with credit card.

If by any chance you have a so called SuisseID than all can be done purely online and no need to send anything by mail.

In return, you either get by mail your extract (with apostile if requested) or by e-mail the link to the digital version.

See also FAQ:
https://www.e-service.admin.ch/crex/...nt/faq/privat/

Questions you have to get answers to:

Do you need the to hand in the extract to the school or the commune?
Does it have to be sent directly to the recipient or can you give it to them?
(If it has to be sent to an other address than you r own you must explicitely give consent to this.)
Do they need the full extract or the special exctract?
(If you need the special extract, than you will also need a special signed appication form from the employer)
Are they happy with a electronic extract or does it need to be on paper?
Do you need an apostille (only possible on paper) or not?
Copy of passport can be an ordinary photocopy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
certificate, dbs check, good conduct




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Certificate of Good Conduct? Angela-74 Permits/visas/government 9 22.05.2017 12:44
"Medikamenten-Check" and "bezugs-check" on reciepts from pharmacy vcorleone Other/general 70 24.11.2016 23:39
Certificate of Inheritance "Erbschein" Phips Family matters/health 22 22.11.2016 02:42
"Certificate of Conformity must be original"... mek Transportation/driving 7 25.03.2015 20:07
How to get a "confirmation of recognition of Father" certificate Magpie Family matters/health 2 16.05.2011 16:36


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0