English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   Entry Visa in Montreal (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/286524-entry-visa-montreal.html)

Guest 13.09.2018 21:01

Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Hi Guys,

I have received my authorization letter and want to apply for entry visa in Montreal. I am currently in Toronto and so I would be applying by post. I have to make a money order. Can you tell me onto whose name should I made it to .

It says "Alternatively, the fee may be paid by money order (made out to the competent Consulate General or the Embassy of Switzerland) by mail"

Do they mean the consulate name I am applying to ? or just simply whatever is quoted above ?

Can you tell me which of these is correct ?

1) Competent Consulate General
2) Embassy of Switzerland
3) Consulate General of Switzerland Montreal
4) Montreal Consulate General

roegner 13.09.2018 21:20

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Quote:

Hi Guys,

I have received my authorization letter and want to apply for entry visa in Montreal. I am currently in Toronto and so I would be applying by post. I have to make a money order. Can you tell me onto whose name should I made it to .

It says "Alternatively, the fee may be paid by money order (made out to the competent Consulate General or the Embassy of Switzerland) by mail"

Do they mean the consulate name I am applying to ? or just simply whatever is quoted above ?

Can you tell me which of these is correct ?

1) Competent Consulate General
2) Embassy of Switzerland
3) Consulate General of Switzerland Montreal
4) Montreal Consulate General
I´d say 3 as per what you wrote.

Isn´t their something written at the bottom of the letter.

PS: whyever did you think of 1?

Guest 13.09.2018 23:51

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by roegner (Post 2991392)
I´d say 3 as per what you wrote.

Isn´t their something written at the bottom of the letter.

PS: whyever did you think of 1?

I am trying to get a money order in CanadaPost and they have a character limit to 24 characters including space. So 3 is out of the question. I wrote to the montreal guys but no reply yet.

Is there any other place I can get a money order ( I thought these things no longer exist :P)

1 and 2 are just directly from the quote on the website :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by roegner (Post 2991392)
I´d say 3 as per what you wrote.

Isn´t their something written at the bottom of the letter.

PS: whyever did you think of 1?

What do you mean by "Isn´t their something written at the bottom of the letter." ? You mean the authorization letter. I was following isntructions from the montreal website.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/c...k-permits.html

This is the snap shot at the bottom of the authorization letter. Sorry have only it as an image.

Guest 14.09.2018 00:16

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is another snap shot of the message. It says New Delhi. Does this mean I have to apply in New Delhi ?

SJLPHI 14.09.2018 00:29

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Hey,

I went through that exact procedure just a few weeks ago, the instructions are below:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

In order to issue the visa we kindly ask you to send us the following documents:

- original passport
- 1 passport sized photo
- copy of your passport (the page with the picture)
- copy of the authorization letter from the Canton
- CAD 90.00 payable by money-order or bank draft on the name of the Swiss Consulate
- A prepaid envelope for ex. Express Post, Fedex, Purolator, TNT etc.

The delay for issuing the visa is 2 days plus mailing delay.

It should be addressed to the following:

Consulate general of Switzerland
Visa section
1572 avenue Dr. Penfield, Montréal QC H3G 1C4
Fax: +1 514 932 9028
mon.visa@eda.admin.ch
www.eda.admin.ch/montreal

SJLPHI 14.09.2018 00:31

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
As for the money order,

your local bank should allow you to make one. I did mine with TD Canada Trust

Guest 14.09.2018 00:45

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SJLPHI (Post 2991442)
As for the money order,

your local bank should allow you to make one. I did mine with TD Canada Trust

Thank you for the reply. I went to the bank they said they only issue bank drafts. I did not know they are equivalent to money orders.

Did you address the bank draft to consulate general of switzerland montreal ?

SJLPHI 14.09.2018 00:50

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Yes, I did a bank draft to the consulate general. I also found the initial instructions for authorization to be a little confusing.

Guest 14.09.2018 00:55

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SJLPHI (Post 2991444)
Yes, I did a bank draft to the consulate general. I also found the initial instructions for authorization to be a little confusing.

I am sorry to aks you again because I had a problem with the word count when getting a money order from canada post.

So you used this right ? “ Consulate General of Switzerland Montreal” and not just “Consulate General” or “Consulate General of Switzerland “

Including the mail timings how soon did you get it ? 2 weeks ?

SJLPHI 14.09.2018 01:01

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
I think I wrote this:
Quote:

“Consulate General of Switzerland “
I sent it in a Canada Post registered mail, and enclosed was expedited mail. I shipped it out on a Wednesday, and received my VISA on the following Tuesday.

Guest 14.09.2018 01:02

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SJLPHI (Post 2991446)
I think I wrote this:


I sent it in a Canada Post registered mail, and enclosed was expedited mail. I shipped it out on a Wednesday, and received my VISA on the following Tuesday.

Oh ok Thank you

bowlie 14.09.2018 10:00

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Like a cheque you need to address it in a manner that would be accepted by the PO/Bank when the consulate submits it for payment. Something unambiguous.

Swiss Consulate Montreal would work (24 characters) as would Consulat Suisse à Montréal

They do not want documents that are blank or to ‘Cash’, or to “Switzerland”, or the consule or Ambassador.

KISS

Guest 14.09.2018 20:51

Re: Entry Visa in Montreal
 
Thanks guys.

I got a reply similar to SLPH and send a bank draft in the name of "Consulate General of Switzerland Montreal"


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0