Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12.03.2019, 19:33
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,153
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 588 Times in 366 Posts
BLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: longest pending permit has been?

Quote:
View Post
I waited 2.5 years for my C permit
was there a reason for the delay or they just took their time?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12.03.2019, 19:38
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: longest pending permit has been?

Quote:
View Post
was there a reason for the delay or they just took their time?
no reason at all given. Every 6 months I had to get a certificate that the permit is in progress
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank V__ for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 12.03.2019, 20:14
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Geneva/Lausanne
Posts: 247
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 107 Times in 69 Posts
klausenhauser has earned the respect of manyklausenhauser has earned the respect of manyklausenhauser has earned the respect of many
Re: longest pending permit has been?

I never use the forms the migration office gives to me. Always go online and check the version and upload dates. Someone in the backoffice always changes them and it never gets passed down to the people at the counters or the people who fill up the form stands in the offices.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12.03.2019, 22:59
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
vicks9822 has annoyed a few people around herevicks9822 has annoyed a few people around here
Re: longest pending permit has been?

I waited 7 months for my B permit extension in zurich. I am non-EU and resident of swizerland since 2009. The best way to speed up is send them a polite letter mentioning the problems you are facing on day to day basis without a permit. They are obliged to respond you in a week or two. Receptionists are only passing on information and are not always helpful.

In my case, I was unemployed when I applied for a B permit extension. I asked a friend to translate the letter into German and then things were expedited.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12.03.2019, 23:26
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,153
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 588 Times in 366 Posts
BLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: longest pending permit has been?

Quote:
View Post
I waited 7 months for my B permit extension in zurich. I am non-EU and resident of swizerland since 2009. The best way to speed up is send them a polite letter mentioning the problems you are facing on day to day basis without a permit. They are obliged to respond you in a week or two. Receptionists are only passing on information and are not always helpful.

In my case, I was unemployed when I applied for a B permit extension. I asked a friend to translate the letter into German and then things were expedited.

Good luck
thanks but already tried that and lawyer letters
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 13.03.2019, 10:19
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Geneva/Lausanne
Posts: 247
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 107 Times in 69 Posts
klausenhauser has earned the respect of manyklausenhauser has earned the respect of manyklausenhauser has earned the respect of many
Re: longest pending permit has been?

Quote:
View Post
I waited 7 months for my B permit extension in zurich. I am non-EU and resident of swizerland since 2009. The best way to speed up is send them a polite letter mentioning the problems you are facing on day to day basis without a permit. They are obliged to respond you in a week or two. Receptionists are only passing on information and are not always helpful.

In my case, I was unemployed when I applied for a B permit extension. I asked a friend to translate the letter into German and then things were expedited.

Good luck

Also a registered letter. They've been known to say "oups, we didn't receive it"
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who's been here longest? PaddyG General off-topic 42 05.10.2015 23:50
Permit renewal pending, confused about situation amandals8879 Permits/visas/government 8 17.12.2014 09:58
Work Permit - Who has been approved by Canton, yet declined by federal? yezi Permits/visas/government 8 19.07.2010 02:36
longest time of holding student permit B coomteng Permits/visas/government 8 25.04.2010 00:03
Residence Permit and pending company registration Sahasrara Business & entrepreneur 2 01.01.2009 19:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0