Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30.04.2019, 00:57
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: TBD
Posts: 156
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
chrisba has earned some respectchrisba has earned some respect
As a new Non-EU L permit holder, what document(s) and/or id(s) will I receive?

This question is partly brought about by my attempt to get a credit card from PostFinance, but I think the question makes more sense here rather than in the finance/banking subforum.

They asked for a variety of things; copy of my work contract, payslip, etc. One thing they asked for was a copy of my "residence permit." So I sent them a copy of my biometric ID, which says "L" on it, so to me it is proof of residence permit. But they mailed back again asking for "residence permit." I don't know what else they would want. It's been about 2 months for me here, and I don't know if I will receive anything else from the city. Like I said, I have the biometric L card, but besides that all I have is a paper "Meldebestätigung fur Ausländliche Person" which is a signed document they gave me as temporary proof of resident permit being granted, while I waited for things to come in the mail.

What does "residence permit" mean? Is it a paper thing I will get, or is it just the biometric card alone, and I need to figure out why PostFinance didn't like it?
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-Swiss B-p holder marries non-EU non-permit holder jakeTJ Permits/visas/government 2 10.02.2016 19:09
Travel to and shopping in Germany as a non-EU B permit holder e.kazemi Travel/day trips/free time 7 29.11.2011 21:11
Paid & Volunteer work as a dependant of a Non EU B permit holder macunaima Permits/visas/government 6 21.08.2008 10:39
Options for EU B-permit holder and non-EU L-permit holder fiancee? ainz Permits/visas/government 7 08.10.2007 18:49

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0