Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27.06.2019, 00:18
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: abroad
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Home has no particular reputation at present
Can I keep my permit? Living in CH, working in DE


I’ve got a situation that is not really common in Switzerland and there is also not much on EF here.

I am currently on a five year B permit (EU) and will soon start to work in Germany. I really want to keep my permit as my family lives with me in CH and I would like to work in Switzerland in the not so distant future.

I will travel home every weekend (workplace is not near the border), but will stay in Germany during the week. This will lead to me being registered in both Switzerland and Germany at the same time, hopefully not an issue.

I will also pay full taxes in Germany due to bilateral agreements that prohibit former residents of Germany to avoid full taxation for five years after relocating to Switzerland.

Is there anything that I should or shouldn’t do in order to keep my current permit?

Any advice or information is much appreciated.

Reply With Quote

cross border, frontalier, germany, permit, residence permit

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Living in France but working in CH with a Swiss B permit 20181216a Permits/visas/government 3 15.04.2015 20:27
Can I retain my C permit while living/working in Canada for a couple of years? bernk Permits/visas/government 4 21.10.2014 13:08
can I re-apply for a new UK licence so I can keep my CH separate? keep my shelldo10 Transportation/driving 24 09.11.2012 18:17
Living in CH, working in DE - through 3rd Party windycityfamily Permits/visas/government 0 16.01.2012 11:17
TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud Rontary Finance/banking/taxation 3 03.02.2011 20:54

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0