Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10.11.2019, 14:42
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
piopiu has no particular reputation at present
Leaving for extended leave without resetting the time needed to obtain C permit


I come from an EU country and I have been living in Switzerland for 4 years.
I have been thinking about leaving Switzerland for 2-5 months on an unpayed leave (potentially cancelling my job contract and starting a new one upon returning ... which would allow to extend the leave to 5 months).
At the same time I wanted to return my apartment (as after returning I would like to rent a larger one and keeping empty apartment for 5 months sounds very wasteful, sub-renting for longer time with unknown exact return date sounds complicated and stressful as well).

Would you have some advice on whether it is possible not to reset the counter allowing to obtain C permit / citizenship ? I would not like to start new 12 waiting period after returning. I want to stay in Switzerland for longer, just need long holidays / want to go traveling.

Do you know what counts as uninterrupted stay in the country required for C permit? I am sure that leaving for 2 weeks holidays does not count. How long would be the maximal time?

Thanks for your advice.
Reply With Quote

b permit, c permit, extended leave, holidays

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time for EU citizen to obtain work permit? justjen Permits/visas/government 8 24.09.2017 12:40
B work permit for non-EU citizen: can be extended without a new employer? Imjak Permits/visas/government 0 10.07.2012 13:43
Extended sick leave - advice needed Tanya Employment 3 15.08.2010 19:18
Could I leave the country without the B permit card...... verdijua Permits/visas/government 10 05.03.2010 10:24
Permit B and extended leave? tabbages Permits/visas/government 4 14.05.2009 10:56

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0