Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29.11.2019, 16:27
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
vistamare has no particular reputation at present
On [requesting] Permit C - Lawyer?

I have been in Switzerland for more than 7 years now. Since arriving in Switzerland in 2012, I got student-permit B that lasted until 2016. Since 2016, I have a normal-permit B. I currently reside in Bern.

Since, I have permit B for more than 5 years, I asked Bern's office responsible for permits on whether I can apply for Permit C and they said I have to wait until 2021. The reason being that the years I had student-permit B do not count. However, I had friends residing in other cantons for which the student-permit B years counted as well!

I also heard people saying that you have to be 5 years in the same canton to receiver permit C. Personally, I've changed cantons 3 times the last 7 years.

Whenever I try to figure anything out on the subject, it seems that I get contradictory information from Swiss public employees.

Therefore, I was wondering:
  • Does it make sense to hire an immigration lawyer of some kind to handle this? I'm not sure how expensive that might be, but I would rather pay ~1000CHF to a lawyer and be sure that I get correct information on whether it's possible to get a permit C or not ...
  • Has anybody had experience by using a lawyer for such matters?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C Permit, Citizenship and will a Lawyer help in the process? TheOtherMilanoMari Permits/visas/government 6 07.04.2019 21:30
Permit C Application - Lawyer Required ctuncer Permits/visas/government 4 01.02.2018 20:41
Requesting help for Student Visa/Residence Permit scjb045 Permits/visas/government 1 02.04.2012 20:39
[Needed] Spanish speaking lawyer to appeal rejection of a non-EU L permit in Basel cancher1 Permits/visas/government 2 10.01.2010 23:14
Good 'Permit' Lawyer needed in Lausanne Birdy Permits/visas/government 2 01.10.2008 11:41

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0