Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12.02.2020, 17:04
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Jkohl has no particular reputation at present
Early C Permit (Non EU)

Hello,

I would like to apply for an early C permit. I am aware of the documents and language requirements.

My B permit renews in 2021 summer. In normal procedure - one can ask for it in the remarks when your B goes for renewal, so for me I can do in 2021.

If I would like to apply in few months, how do I go about it? Is there any form online? I emailed the cantonal population office and waiting for their reply as well
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12.02.2020, 17:37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 369
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 213 Times in 124 Posts
ankurm.2008 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I would like to apply for an early C permit. I am aware of the documents and language requirements.

My B permit renews in 2021 summer. In normal procedure - one can ask for it in the remarks when your B goes for renewal, so for me I can do in 2021.

If I would like to apply in few months, how do I go about it? Is there any form online? I emailed the cantonal population office and waiting for their reply as well
Your profile says Zug. Follow this link and lookup section Niederlassungsbewilligung

https://www.zg.ch/behoerden/sicherhe...atsangehoerige

In Zug you have to fill up a separate form for C permit, there is no comments section to mention it during B extension
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12.02.2020, 22:12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Jkohl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Your profile says Zug. Follow this link and lookup section Niederlassungsbewilligung

https://www.zg.ch/behoerden/sicherhe...atsangehoerige

In Zug you have to fill up a separate form for C permit, there is no comments section to mention it during B extension
Thank you. I am canton Vaud not Zug.and all the extension forms have a remark section where you can mention anything you want.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13.02.2020, 07:52
SponPlague's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 8045 Zurich
Posts: 228
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 242 Times in 145 Posts
SponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputation
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Remarks is one thing, but upgrade to “C” requires separate forms, afaik?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13.02.2020, 10:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Jkohl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Remarks is one thing, but upgrade to “C” requires separate forms, afaik?
Hello,

I am not sure about Zurich/Zug, in canton Vaud people mention for asking "early C" in remarks section (know many people who have done this).

But i am surely looking for a form and could not find anything on their website.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.02.2020, 10:48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 380
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 373 Times in 188 Posts
NichtsBesonders has earned some respectNichtsBesonders has earned some respect
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Remarks is one thing, but upgrade to “C” requires separate forms, afaik?
No, the way I applied for my early C permit (living in the same 8045 Zürich as you :P) was by writing "I want a C permit based on article blah AuG" in the remarks section of the B renewal form.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.02.2020, 16:43
SponPlague's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 8045 Zurich
Posts: 228
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 242 Times in 145 Posts
SponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputationSponPlague has an excellent reputation
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Thanks. It was seven years ago, so my memory’s rusty
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14.02.2020, 10:29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Currently in Switzerland
Posts: 436
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 470 Times in 184 Posts
logo123 has an excellent reputationlogo123 has an excellent reputationlogo123 has an excellent reputationlogo123 has an excellent reputation
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Why dont you write the canton a nice letter expressing your interest in an Early C Permit and see what they come back with?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20.02.2020, 00:35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Jkohl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Why dont you write the canton a nice letter expressing your interest in an Early C Permit and see what they come back with?
Yes, that exactly I will do. Prepare a dossier with all documents required and a letter to ask for it. Lets see.

Thank you for your suggestion
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24.02.2020, 18:40
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bern
Posts: 11
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
kamen has no particular reputation at present
Re: Early C Permit (Non EU)

Quote:
View Post
Yes, that exactly I will do. Prepare a dossier with all documents required and a letter to ask for it. Lets see.

Thank you for your suggestion
You can apply at whatever time you want. I applied 2 and a half years before my B Permit expiry date. I wrote a very convincing letter about why I think I am well integrated and collected all the documents and certificates they ask for. Just go for it!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L/B Permit Renewal and Early 5-year C permit rapidspider Permits/visas/government 8 23.01.2020 12:03
Early C Permit, non-EU Alphorn Permits/visas/government 13 17.07.2019 09:22
Early C Permit, Non EU hanya Permits/visas/government 30 09.12.2018 08:28
Early C permit Guest Permits/visas/government 2 24.07.2018 22:33
student permit B question: if I graduate early, can I keep my permit? rbrtanderson Permits/visas/government 8 19.05.2011 13:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0